Monday, December 17, 2007

Way to go, Daddy!


A little over a week ago, I had the privilege of going away for a weekend ALL BY MYSELF. Yes, without any lovely children. :) It was the first time I've been away from them like that except for when I was in the hospital having Kayley which doesn't count!
Anyway, I had a GREAT time hanging out with friends and family, although I kept looking over my shoulder like I just knew I was responsible for someone other than myself. Heehee I did miss my family like crazy but also loved having a break.
Sam did a GREAT job being the man in charge while I was gone and he was very proud of himself for getting the girls ready for church by himself which included the difficult task of putting Kayley's hair back out of her face. He managed to do a little ponytail knot just like I do -- way to go! And the house was spotless when I got home! Thanks honey!
So here's the girls, happy and ready for church.
Oh and when I asked Aubrie what she had to eat at the potluck after church while I was gone, she replied, "cake!" I'm pretty sure that's about all she ate, but oh well, guess you can't expect everything while you're gone. Nutrition doesn't matter when you're having a fun weekend with daddy.