"Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to die;
save them as they stagger to their death.
Don't excuse yourself by saying, 'Look, we didn't know.'
For God understands all hearts, and he sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
He will repay all people as their actions deserve."
Proverbs 24:11-12
This passage of Scripture has never rang more true for me than it does right now. I have been involved in a ministry called Pro Life Action Ministries since October. It has been the hardest, most intense, most stretching experience of my life as I stand on the front lines and fight for the lives of the unborn. I pray that God puts a stop to this horrible act because it is happening A LOT!
Yesterday, I stood out in the cold with four others and attempted to talk to 17 women who walked into the Building for Women for abortions. (Now isn't that a nice sounding name for an abortion clinic??) It was SO HARD. My heart wants to break each time I am down there. Not one girl stopped or changed her mind yesterday that we know of, unless they later came out of the clinic after we left. The haunting, empty looks that I see on the girls' faces never leaves my mind.
I want to scream at them sometimes to not do this -- to not take the life of their precious child. Instead, I smile at them and ask if I can help them. I plead for the life of their child that they are about to abort. When they look at me and refuse to talk to me or shake their heads and keep walking, I walk up to the gate and calmly talk to them the entire time as they take the walk of death up the sidewalk and into the door of the clinic. I don't shout at them but I do have to try and project my voice because I can't chase them and have to stay a certain number of feet away from the front entrance. I sometimes wonder what they are thinking as they walk away from me and hear my words even though they are ignoring me.
I tell them that being a mom is something they will never regret. I tell them that having an abortion is something they will always regret. I tell them that their little baby has little fingers and toes and I ask them to look at their ultrasound when they go in there and to choose LIFE for their baby. (The abortionist does an ultrasound to determine the position of the baby before they abort it but they turn the monitor away from the mom so she can't see. She has to ask to see it if she wants to but many girls don't know this and even if they did choose not to look)
But, still they walk into that clinic. When will it stop??! My heart breaks for the moms as well as the babies they are aborting. Why don't see that there is hope?? Why is life so easily destroyed for the sake of convenience? Why??
I am SO thankful that God hears and answers prayer and I ask you all to pray. Please pray for these little ones and that their lives will be spared. Pray that I will be obedient to the burden that God has placed on my heart and to continue standing for truth and for the lives of these innocent ones. Pray that the girls will stop and talk to me and change their minds.
I am so glad that I can be a part of this ministry because it makes me feel better to know that I am doing something. Not everyone can come to the clinics and talk to women but EVERYONE can pray. God is God and He will have the victory in the end. This battle belongs to him and not one baby perishes without him knowing about it and it grieving his heart. One day this will stop. In the meantime, I choose to fight for life and to pray that God transforms hearts and minds so that these moms find the HOPE that is found in Jesus Christ.
Nothing I do can accomplish anything apart from God's power. Only God can cause a miracle and change these girls' minds. Sometimes I get so stressed out that I'm not saying or doing the right thing but God knows every situation and I pray that I am sensitive to his leading.
48 million babies have been aborted since it was legalized and they take place every week in my city and many cities all over the country. Please do what you can to be involved and remember that prayer is our biggest weapon in this battle.
3 comments:
Welcome to the blogosphere!!!
What you are doing is so important! May God bless you in it and may many women turn away from the evil of killing their children.
Thank you for doing what you are doing Lesley! Jim Tuttle was the pastor of the church I grew up in for ten years, and we were really good friends with their family! Tell them hello from Karen!
Glad to see that you all are doing well in Duluth!
Post a Comment