Sunday, December 2, 2007

Family Fun


The above picture was taken this past summer. The three other kids besides our girls are Sam's sister's kids. They now have so much fun together and it is fun to watch everybody grow up and change. Elijah and Aubrie are only five days apart and get SO excited about seeing each other.


Aubrie just had her first sleep over a couple of nights ago at her grandma's house and these three cousins were there and they had a blast. It was the first time Aubrie has ever slept away from home without us and I was a little nervous about her freaking out in the night and wanting to come home, but she didn't miss us a bit! I guess she's more independent than I thought!


Luckily, Sam's mom now lives in the same city as us, so it would have only been a 15 minute drive to get her if need be.They slept in a pile on the living room floor and had so much fun. I really don't know how much sleep any of them got but Aubrie definitely needed a nap the next day.It's fun to get the cousins together and each year when we take pictures, there seems to be one more in the picture. Sam's sister is done having kids now, however so that leaves just me to add more kids. And Kelly (Sam's sister) has been asking for a nephew! I'm not sure if I can or will grant that request or not! I'm still recovering from a year of sleep deprivation with Kayley.


Anyway, Kayley loves her cousins too but sometimes she is overwhelmed when everybody is together and she kind of hangs back a bit. She's also going through an incredibly long stretch of clinginess to Mom and stranger anxiety so that plays into it too. Aubrie went through the same phase at this exact same age, I remember and by the looks of things now, she obviously outgrew it, so I'm not worried even though it can be incredibly hard to do anything without a little Kayley hanging onto me.So that's about all with that!

No comments: