Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Dream

I had this dream last night. It was so vivid and real. I hadn't even been thinking about sidewalk counseling before I fell asleep so it kind of felt like it came out of no where. It was such an encouragement to me that miracles can and will happen. The next abortion day is tomorrow morning and I hope to be there. (December 27th)


I was standing on the sidewalk in front of the abortion clinic. I was standing on the square of pavement that I usually stand on with the clinic in front of me and the parking ramp entrance to my right. Everything felt familiar as I stood there with the others and waited for girls to come.

Suddenly, the parking ramp door opened and a girl walked out. She was tall with long blonde hair. She walked towards the clinic but she looked somewhat hesitant. One of the other sidewalk counselors tried to speak with her. She paused, but then turned and continued walking. I felt a strong urge to talk to her myself so I went up to the gate and started talking to her.

To my shock, she actually stopped and turned to listen to me. What was even more amazing was that she walked right up to the gate and so we were facing each other through the rails. I looked into her eyes, grabbed both of her hands through the rails and pleaded with her to not go into that clinic for an abortion. She grasped my hands tightly and started to cry as I spoke to her. The words were flowing out of me and she was crying.

She said, "I don't have the money for food" and I immediately said, "I will give it to you! I'll give you whatever you need! What do you need the most? How can I help you? Will you come stay at my house? I can help you through this. Please keep your baby."

She said she would come with me. Somehow, I went up to the front entrance of the gate, and continuing to hold her hand, I led her away from the abortion clinic. I have never felt such joy in my heart. A little baby had been rescued. I wanted to bring her over to the other sidewalk counselors and tell them what happened.

Lots and lots of people were passing by around us on the sidewalk but nobody stopped. I couldn't find the other counselors. It was like there wasn't anybody else there.

I had the girl by the hand and we stood and waited for the other counselors to come. Where were they????

Then I woke up

This dream was so encouraging to me because I have heard the stories of babies being saved through sidewalk counseling but have yet to see it for myself since I started volunteering two months ago.

The end of the dream was frustrating but I think that maybe the message that I get from it is that we need more people! We need more of God's people to come down and sidewalk counsel with us at the abortion clinic. I am praying and trusting that more people will come and I feel encouraged to keep going even though I feel incredibly inadequate.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm praying that God will make your dream come true over and over! Thank you for standing on the line and fighting for life! You are a blessing!

Steve, Anne, Asher & Karis said...

Lesley,

I am continuing to pray each week for your time at the clinic. Continue to walk in faith that the Lord will use your faithfulness to accomplish His purposes.

Love, Anne