
Okay, I realize that this may seem trivial to some people but I'm trying to decide if it's time to cut my daughter's hair. She has never had a haircut in her life and she will be four years old in March.I have just never had a reason to cut it yet because she has been blessed with what, in my humble mother's opinion, is beautiful, healthy hair. Plus, when she was a baby, she had a head full of blonde curls and so all those curls are still there and are just hanging on the ends now of her very, very long hair.
So, anyway, this is my silly dilema. It is SO MUCH work taking care of her hair. It looks amazing when it is washed, conditioned, and brushed but that takes a lot of work and a lot of screaming from Aubrie in the process. I am constantly grabbing rubber bands and piling her hair on top of her head so she can eat, color, or do pretty much anything and be able to see. And on an embarrassing note for her, when she sits on the toilet, her hair hangs down her back and is quite close to being.....well you know where.
I've started talking about cutting her hair with her and told her that Mommy will get her hair cut too. Aubrie took it okay and asked if it would hurt and I reassured her it wouldn't.If I decide to go through with it, I will be sure to take lots of before and after pictures and to save one of her curls to put safely away for her baby book. If she gets it cut, I'm thinking about having it cut to her shoulders which would take off several inches. Nothing too fancy, but it would make it a whole lot easier to take care of. I will admit, it will be very sad to see such pretty hair cut off. But what does a mother do??
No comments:
Post a Comment