Monday, October 6, 2008

Yesterday evening, we dropped the girls off at their grandma's and then Sam, Christian, and I went to a fun pro-life event. It featured a woman named Star Parker who spoke about her life and how she went from from doing drugs, abusing welfare, and having abortions, to being a huge pro-life adovcate and welfare reformist after being saved and becoming a Christian. It was awesome!

The event was also meant to encourage and update everyone on the ministry that I've been working with the past year -- Pro life Action Ministries -- and what is being done in our city with sidewalk counseling and other pro-life work. It was so encouraging to not only hear Star Parker speak but to hear about and see pictures up on the big screen of babies that have been saved through this ministry. Sometimes it doesn't feel like much is happening but I am reminded again and again that God completes the work he asks us to begin. It is not ever a waste of time to stand up for truth and be obedient to the call to rescue the innocent.

There was some beautiful piano and violin music that I also really enjoyed at the event. And Christian behaved himself and didn't cry at all, although he made lots of loud noises and grunts! :)

It was nice to get out of the house and almost have a date and I'm glad we were able to go!

1 comment:

LS said...

Love the cute blog look and Christian's stylish little clothes. I hope your teeth issues get fixed and you feel no pain.

I'm glad you got to go to the rally. It sounds cool. You should check out the site abort73.com They have some neat anti-abortion stuff and some videos that break your heart about the carnage of abortion.