Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trials

Well, the last few days have been filled with appointments as we try to get to the bottom of the pain in my mouth and teeth. I had the second root canal yesterday morning. Because the first one went so well and I felt so little, I was not scared. I'm just glad it happened this way because the second one turned out to be a lot tougher than the first and I would have been a lot more scared had I known what was coming.
Because of the plates and screws in my jaw, the dentist had a hard time numbing me because the needle kept running into metal. ( I know -- that sounds just awful) So, I ended up feeling a lot more than I wanted to feel during the root canal! The dentist told me afterwards, "Yeah, you felt more this time because you weren't numb. You felt more than I would have liked you to feel." Ahh! Well, thanks. It's probably good he didn't say anything earlier or I would have panicked. At one point, I felt like jumping out of the chair because of the pain. I kept wondering, "Why am I feeling so much this time?!" Finally, it was over and I went home and prayed for quick healing.
I'm still sore today, but it's not bad at all. I am so thankful it's not worse. I'm praying that this last root canal took care of whatever was causing the on and off aching for the past two years.

As far as getting those screws removed, I saw an oral surgeon today and he thinks I should just wait. I'm fine with that. He wasn't convinced that the screws were causing my teeth to die and that they were the sole cause of the problem. I've had so many other surgeries that he said could have contributed because of blood supplies being cut off and that could have caused the teeth to die. That's a relief, actually because maybe I won't have to have surgery after all. I'm praying so hard that the problem is solved and I won't have any more pain. I would very much appreciate you praying with me! Thanks so much....

Other than all that, life is going on as usual. Christian is starting to smile and coo and it is soooo cute. He's really getting chubby in the cheeks. And, YES, he is sleeping better than he used to. It's now been almost two weeks since I've had any milk. I don't know if milk was the total culprit of his fussiness because he still has fussy times but I guess we'll just see how things go.

The girls are doing good and we're all enjoying Sam's day off today. The fall colors are just gorgeous and I hope to get out and take pictures before they all fall off.

So that's about all for now!

No comments: