Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Update


Today, armed with my notebook of Christian's habits and symptoms written down, we headed to the pediatrician. She agreed that it sounded like reflux and gave me some prevacid to try. However, the strangest thing has happened. I'm kind of holding my breath actually.

I've been praying non-stop for Christian since he was born, but yesterday afternoon Sam and I took a little time to pray for him together again and that God would heal him of whatever is agitating him so much at night. And since that time, he has been an absolute angel and easy baby. Unreal. It's like someone gave me a different baby. I'm afraid to do anything and throw this all off. He slept peacefully yesterday evening. Then, he woke up and ate. Then he didn't cry at all but fell asleep again. This may sound like no big deal to some but it was huge to me. I put him in his bassinet and sort of hovered nearby, not knowing what to do with myself. I read a book for a little bit and of course I was exhausted but I was afraid to try sleeping in case Christian woke up any second. Finally, I turned off the light and fell asleep.

Now, he didn't go and do any huge stretch or anything but he did sleep for awhile. And when he started to fuss, I got him up and nursed him for just a minute or two and he was back to sleep. And for the rest of the night he squirmed a few times but didn't fuss at all. I was the only one that lost sleep last night because I kept jumping every time he moved, and was waiting for him to start crying again. But he never did. Wow!

And all throughout the day, he has been so happy and content. During feedings, he would often pull on and off constantly and seem almost frantic when nursing. He would gulp in air and get upset. But he didn't do that today either. He just calmly ate and then would doze off or be alert and looking around.

So this is what I'm thinking. The doctor said I could hold onto the prevacid and see how he does. And if he starts acting like he's in pain again at night, then I can start it.

However, I am thanking God for answered prayer. For however long it lasts. Praise God.

1 comment:

Chris, Tasha, Dawson & Lainey said...

PRAISE GOD!! That is amazing!! Prayer truly does work!

Oh, I meant to mention to you, we were in Duluth a couple of weekends ago just spending sometime there. We were driving downtown and there was a lady holding a sign that said stop abortion. I started clapping and waving. I am sure she thought I was a fruitloop. I thought of you and wondered how that was going for you. I just love reading your stories of how God worked with the abortion clinics. I know you are busy now with a new little one, but please update if you do start again. Congrats on Christian also...he is adorable!