Yes, it's been awhile since I've blogged. I think it is partly due to the fact that I haven't had anything too interesting to blog about. But, mostly I think it is because I just registered on facebook and that's where I usually go when I'm on the computer! :) Beware -- if you start facebook, it is fun and slightly addicting, especially when you find tons of people you haven't seen or heard from in years.
I've had a little more time to get things done lately or just relax because little Christian is getting on a more predictable routine (Thank you, Lord!) and usually takes a nice, long morning nap in his swing. That's usually when I'm busy doing breakfast with the girls and then I tackle the dishes and try to get a headstart on dinner preparations. I also try to pick up the house, do laundry, and clean during this time. It's been wonderful to have a somewhat predictable time of when I'll be able to get some things done.
After lunch, Kayley goes down for her nap, Aubrie watches a movie or does a quiet activity, and Christian and I head to bed for an afternoon nap. It doesn't always go like this and sometimes I'm not able to take an afternoon nap because Christian is fussy or I have too much to do. But most days, this is how it goes and I really like the routine we have going. Then, around 3:45 p.m., Sam walks in the door from work. After a shower, he'll usually get Kayley up from her nap and hold Christian for awhile and that's when I try to get my shower for the day.
So, I just started writing a post and now I've just told you our daily schedule for some reason. :) Guess I just felt like telling somebody what we do.
I'm working on potty training Kayley. So far, there has been messes and no success. Sigh. She turned two on August 10 and I feel like I'm constantly being asked if she's trained. So, that kind of motivated me to work on it. But, she's just not getting it. She loves to sit on the potty and talk happily about getting a treat for going but she has yet to actually do it. Anybody have any ideas for me? With Aubrie, it was like one day she decided she wanted to do it and then it was easy from there. Before that, however, the pushing and bribing did nothing but frustrate her and us.
And we're also house training a puppy! So far, it's gone really well. I'm going to make a chart for Aubrie where she'll get a sticker each day for doing well with taking the puppy out for potty breaks. After a week, her stickers can add up to be a certain amount of money that she can spend at walmart or something. She is super excited about this and strongly motivated by rewards. She bundles up in her coat and takes the puppy out many times throughout the day. It's great, especially when I'm not able to do it. I pray that she stays motivated to keep it up!
Well, I better go work on lunch. It's mac and cheese again -- pretty much the only thing that Kayley will eat these days -- she is SO picky!! Hope everyone is having a great start to the week!
3 comments:
Elly's birthday is August 24th. I showed her the potty and she sat on it once, but other than that I havent even tried. It seems like with the second one I really dont care how fast that they are potty trained like I did with Hudsen. I figure that she will get it by the time she goes to preschool:) I just hate it when they wet in their pants. Let me know how it is going for you!
I love hearing about your life. Your schedule sounds very workable and right for you. Congratulations.
Potty training has always been stressful for me. My kids didn't really care as much as the adults surrounding me. And sometimes, it was easier and more predictable to just change the diapers. Though it didn't help our finances. The best tool I found was a video at our library called, "Potty Power for Boys and Girls." It is made by Thinkeroo. It really helped explain everything well and the kids really enjoyed watching it. I hope that helps.
You are such a wonderful woman. I am so glad you are my friend.
Hi!
I feel like I have your life somedays :-) But certainly have kids the same age! We are also working on potty training. Dawson is 2 1/2 and I get asked all the time, and his uncle gives him a hard time every time we see him. Dawson acts like he has an intrest, but then gets so busy playing. We have had accidents, and not much success as well. I think I am mostly training myself! People keep telling me, when he is ready he will be ready, and that boys just take longer. I am ready to be done buying diapers for one of them though :-) Good luck, and if something works...let me know!
Oh, and yes, I just got on facebook a couple of nights ago...uh huh! Totally adicting, and fun to see all these people!
Post a Comment