A couple nights ago, I went out to dinner with my Bible study group and left Sam with all, yes all three kids. I was really looking forward to the break and was so thankful to my hubby for telling me to go ahead and leave Christian when I contemplated bringing him along. I fed Christian before I left and he was sleeping peacefully when I walked out the door. "Sam is a pro at this," I thought, "and everything will be fine." I drove myself to the restaurant and had a great time eating, chatting, and having no one to be responsible for other than myself.
As I headed home, all chipper from my good time, I decided to call home and just see how things had gone. Sam picked up the phone and with Christian screaming in the background, proceeded to tell me what had transpired in my absence.
"Aubrie got a hold of your razor and cut her finger with it. Then, she cut her thumb with it too."
(Christian is still screaming and now I hear Aubrie crying and talking about band-aids)
"Kayley wanted more juice in her sippy, so she went into the fridge and grabbed that pitcher of grape juice and dumped the whole thing all over the floor and the inside of the fridge."
(the pitcher with a gallon of freshly made grape juice?!! Yes, that's the one)
"How did that happen?! And how long has Christian been crying?"
(calmly) "Awhile."
Umm, okay.
Sigh. I leave the house for two hours and disaster strikes. However, Sam had every opportunity to call my cell phone and ask me to come home but he didn't and he never does even when things go crazy when I'm gone. He's the perfect person to calmly handle these types of disasters. So, I may have come home to a house that looked like a tornado hit it with sticky grape juice residue all over, but the kids were alive and healthy and I got an evening out and was blissfully unaware of what was taking place at home while I was gone.
4 comments:
Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it to leave...
:) It probably is.
It sounds like Sam had a time of it Lesley, but I'm glad you got the outing.:) Aubrie's fingers looked pretty painful yesterday, she will probably remember that lesson.
It was so good to see you all yesterday and a great joy to hold Christian! He is growing so fast! What an adorable little boy you have!
I love you all!
Love in Christ,
Leah
I laughed so hard at this post! Oh my! I have only left Josiah for an hour max and as long as he has the sling, Justus is happy but I could see all of this happening to my kids too. One time I just buzzed to Safeway quickly and of course Justus screamed the whole time even though I had fed him. Our husbands are sure brave to even attempt watching 3 small children alone!
Have your feet stopped sticking to your floor yet?
I couldn't stop the smile from forming on my face when I read this! I think it's so good for the husbands of SAHM's to experience a little bit of reality once in awhile! :-)
What a great hubby you've got!
Post a Comment