Thursday, September 11, 2008

Little Man



I would have posted some pics here sooner but our camera was having issues so it took me awhile to get a couple new ones on here. Christian is doing great and eats like a horse. He was born weighing 7 lbs 9.5 oz and left the hospital weighing 7 lbs 1.4 oz. Anyway, today he had another check-up and Sam, my mom, and I all guessed what we thought his weight would be today.


Well, Sam wins the prize for guessing his weight exactly right! He now weighs 8 lbs 2 oz. at 11 days old! This little guy is growing fast. I can't believe how much newborns change, even in just a matter of only a couple days.


Things are finally settling down a little bit around here. My mom is leaving tomorrow and although I'm scared to officially be "on my own" with all three kids, I think I'll survive somehow. What has really helped is having Sam install a gate between our living room and the rest of the house so we can cage Kayley in somewhere. That little girl has to be watched very closely! I find her in all sorts of crazy places when I turn my back for just a second. I often find her on top of her brother's changing table, on her sister's top bunk, on the kitchen table, or in my make-up in the bathroom! We've had to start putting locks on everything. I really have my hands full with this one -- she is nicknamed Hurricane Kayley and her sister is tropical storm, Aubrie. And Christian is....well, he just likes to eat. And be held. All the time. Whew!


So anyway, although a bit chaotic, all is well in our household and we're loving our new status as a family of five!

1 comment:

Steve, Anne, Asher & Karis said...

So hearing your description of Kayley made me laugh out loud. I understand the need to have some boundaries. :) With Asher I currently describe him as an accident constantly happening. I must be getting gray hairs! I just keep hoping that he can keep from breaking more bones in the next 4 days before his cast comes off. This week's been a doozy!