
He shocked the nurse, my mom, and myself by peeing ALL OVER during his weight check! WOW -- I am not used to that after having girls and I couldn't believe how far it could fly! So that was pretty funny...
So, the appointment went well and he's healthy and doing great! He also survived his first trip to Walmart since I had to pick up a few things there. Sam and my dad had the girls at home so it wasn't stressful with just the baby.
I still am not sure if I will ever be brave enough to go out with all three kids by myself. Maybe when I feel a little more back to normal. Although I know I am healing day by day, my back is STILL killing me after having tortuous back labor. The nurse did tell me after Christian was born that my back would hurt for a long time because it has been traumatized. My pelvis still hurts when I walk too. Other than that, I am slowly on the mend.
3 comments:
I love seeing all the pics so keep 'em coming! Maybe I'm crazy but our boys look very similar! (Or maybe all newborns in general look similar but still...the round faces, chubby cheeks, upturned nose, and little pointed hairline on their forehead....)
About the peeing thing...we've experienced that many a time and even one time when I covered Jer with a diaper he sprayed out from under it all over the new carpet of a lady whose home we were eating supper at! this is why Motherhood Maternity sells "Peepee Teepees" which are little cloth teepees that cover the boy part when you change diapers.
Just the other day I asked Josiah to change a diaper and he was so busy looking for the right diapers that Justus sprayed and sprayed and sprayed all over our living room end table and diaper basket. I was more than a little miffed and said, "Why didn't you cover him quickly with a diaper or your hand or SOMETHING????" Apparently he was just being a guy and didn't take notice until the little guy had peed about a gallon all over!
When Justus was just a few days old I was worried that his circ drainage had plugged him and he hadn't had a wet diaper since we brought him home from the hospital. I was panicking and crying and praying with all my heart that he would pee or I was ready to race him to the ER late at night. I was picturing my poor tiny newborn in agony after going a day and a half without peeing! I kept dabbing his bottom with a warm washcloth and trying to get the crusty mucusy stuff off and after about 10 dabs he let loose and sprayed all over me, my clothes, my hair, half of our living room floor, and all of his clothes and blankets! I have never been so happy to be peed on! I was soooo thrilled and thankful and the next day I took him in to see the doc and the doc was like, "In 25 years of doing circumcisions I've rarely, if ever, seen a baby unable to pee because of mucus." Then the doctor examined him and realized I was probably right and he took some swabs and cleaned him up gently and told me that usually parents don't have to do anything to the little boy part but he recommended we use vaseline to keep it from plugging again. Just goes to show you that mother's instinct is sometimes better than "medical advice!" The whole reason I wondered about the plugged bottom was because it happened to a friend's little newborn boy last year! Of course her son's doctor got defensive about it too and ended up getting covered in pee when he fixed it!
Sorry for the super, super long comment but I had to share my "boy wisdom" with you! Boys are darling!
oh, you will be able to take all 3 of them out in public by yourself. You will do it and you will become a pro at it :) No worries.
Oh Lesley! I'm so proud of you! :) I wish I could be there with you. I love reading the updates on you and your family. Keep em coming. I shared your website with my family. I thought they would like to be updated on your happenings... I hope you heal quickly... Love you!
Post a Comment