Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Kayley and Christian



We've been going through battles with Kayley lately because she is in a phase where she takes every scrap of clothing off that you can ever put on her. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to get her in the morning and found her naked! We've started putting the zip up pajamas on her backwards at night and it works if they're tight enough but she even got a pair of those off the other night. As you can see in this picture, she had already started the process by pulling down the shoulder part first. Ahhhh! I don't know what else to do at this point, other than try duct taping her diaper on. Sigh

2 comments:

The Three 22nds said...

Roman strips constantly. We have started to institute a "It is your choice to wear clothes, but if you choose not to, you will remain in your room or in the bathroom" rule. But that would be tougher if he wasn't potty trained.

R Dvorak said...

My kids have gone through the stripping phase too. I have found safety pins very useful for anti-nakedness. I would put on a shirt (ideally a onesie) then shorts or pants, then one safety pin in the back joining the two cothes. For the most part, if it can't come off the butt, then it stays on. Though sometimes the clothes were loosefitting enough, I'd see my child with bare legs and pants pinned to her backside.

Another pin item is a sleeper, we would zip the sleeper up completely and then pin the zipper in place. I have also used safety pins in the back collar to tighten loose fitting clothes, so the shoulders don't come out so easily.

It is amazing the ways our flexible children can wiggle out of clothes. I hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing. You are surrounded by sisters who love you and care about you. Please don't feel alone. I care about you and your kids, so hang in there. OK?