Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Greetings Earthlings


Ha! What a great pic. Sam and I had eye exams this morning. It was a bit chaotic because we had all three kids with us and so Sam and the kids waited in the van while I had my eye exam first. Then, I had the kids while he had his exam. Everything went pretty well until we both had to have our pupils dialated for a part of the exam. I don't think I've ever had this done before and it was so weird! I could focus on things far away but I could barely see Christian's face while I was holding him in my arms. And the bright sunshine hurt my eyes and made it really hard to see.


I couldn't help laughing as we left and I wondered which one of us was more capable to drive home. Thankfully, the eye doctor gave us these really cool sunglasses thingys to put behind our regular glasses so that cut out some of the blinding light. I got the giggles when I thought about how it would look if we got pulled over looking the way we did and having dialated pupils.


At least we both look like freaks so it's okay. So now we're sitting at home, waiting for our eyes to go back to normal and we have the blinds closed. So that's our news for the day! :)


(Christian wasn't happy in the picture -- he was hungry and not amused by our eye fiasco.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, dahling, what lovely glasses.

Anonymous said...

Ray Charles never had it this good!