After Christian was born, I was bleeding quite heavily and the nurse was concerned and got the doctor. They continued to push down on my stomach (which is so not fun!) and they gave me some medicine to try and get my uterus to cramp more and get the bleeding to let up. The afterpains were terrible and a very real reminder of the pain of labor. Even the afterpains were felt in my back.
I asked for all the pain meds they would give me but nothing really seemed to help. Sam was really getting concerned about how much I was bleeding and he prayed for me. By the next day, it had let up considerably and that was a relief. I was told that my hemoglobin is low and so I've been taking pre-natal vitamins with iron.
It was amazing to watch the sun come up from my lakeview room and see the beauty of God's creation both outside and in the baby I held in my arms. I loved how nice and spacious my hospital room was and Sam was able to spend the night with me there. I liked looking out my window and seeing ships go by during the day. I had the option of staying another night but I decided to go home Monday evening.
So, now it's back to reality and the chaos of home! So far, it's been a lot of ups and downs. The girls love their brother but have been fighting more, throwing tantrums, and have been way more disobedient. I know their world has turned upside down but I am anxious for them to adjust because sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy! My mom and dad are here to help and I don't know what I'll do when they go home!
My goal is just to work hard at getting some sort of a routine down but have some flexibility at the same time -- and take one day at a time. Thankfully, Kayley still naps every day so I hope to find Aubrie something quiet to do each day and then take a nap with the baby each afternoon to try and make up for the sleepless nights.
This is the part of having a baby where I am really overwhelmed so if you friends could be praying for me and for us, I would really appreciate it! But don't anyone hesitate to visit or call because I do love the company and showing off our baby boy! :)
2 comments:
I love hearing birth stories, and they always give me chills when I read them. Your story did the same. We'll be praying for the adjustment for all of you!
We're looking forward to meeting your little guy soon!
I'll pray for you to have a good adjustment to taking care of 3 alone! Blood loss and hemoglobin makes a HUGE difference in how you feel after childbirth. I felt about 100 times better this time around with no major blood loss. You might be really, really worn down from that and the lack of sleep. Does Christian stay up all night?
I'll probably call later today!
Post a Comment