Hello everyone and sorry if my blog has temporarily turned into "baby update central" but since I know some people are wondering what's going on, I thought I'd post a little update. Any men reading this or people who don't want details, feel free to skip this post. :) But it's really nothing gory or anything.
I saw the doctor this morning. I was praying hard that I had progressed and dialated more than one cm! Well, thankfully, I am now a good 3-4 cm and about 50% effaced. The exam was fairly painful and I was wondering what in the world my doctor was doing and she finally said that she was trying to "stir things up and get things moving." I am not sure what that meant, but from what I've been reading, I have a good feeling she was trying to strip my membranes to jumpstart labor. I know that sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.
I did feel very, very sore and achy after the appointment and I had some killer contractions on the way home. However, they STILL refuse to get regular and actually DO ANYTHING to start labor.
The doctor and I discussed having my water broken. She was ready and willing to do it as early as tomorrow but I am really kind of holding out for this baby to come on his own and said I'd like a little more time. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. So this is the plan as of now. I am going to see the doctor again on Tuesday, September 2 and if everything is progressing as normal, I will probably have my water broken either that afternoon or a day or two later, depending on when she can do it. I have to call tomorrow and talk to the nurse and see because I went home still wanting to think about it.
I'm feeling pretty conflicted about everything. I am torn between just wanting things to happen on their own and knowing that my body might be one that just needs a "push" to get things started. My doctor said that some women have a uterus that "gets lazy" (hey! a lazy uterus??? :)) and that it just takes some help to get active labor going. I am also VERY SICK of the false labor and the contractions that really hurt but don't progress into labor. It just seems so unfair. I've been working so hard at "letting go" but dealing with the pain, stress, anxiety, and let down of sporadic contractions every day and night is wearing on me.
My doctor is not going to let me go overdue by much, if at all, and I can see her point. I think my body has had about all it can take.
So, if you could just please pray that baby Christian comes on his own within the next day or two, then I can avoid the whole breaking of the water scenario (which worked very well with our girls and caused quick labors but also incredibly painful, intense ones!)
My guess is that my body is going to be stubborn as usual and I will hang on until my appointment on Tuesday. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens around here, though and try to write a quick post if we're headed off to the hospital at any point. Thanks so much to you all for your thoughts and prayers -- they are very much appreciated! We hope to be holding our little boy soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment