Just in case there are friends out there checking my blog to see if I've had the baby yet, I thought I'd give an update. So, there is no baby here yet but the good news is that I made it to full term at 37 weeks yesterday so at least I don't have to worry about this little guy being too early.
Of course, now I just have to hope he's not too late because I am ready to have him OUT!
I'm still having lots of contractions that come and go. Sometimes they trick me and I start thinking it's the real thing but then they die off. It's very frusrating. I'd rather have no contractions at all and no baby than have a bunch of them that feel like real labor all the time and still have no baby! Hopefully all this practicing is actually doing something to get me ready for the real thing.
At my last doctor appointment, I was told that his head has come down so that was at least some progress! Last week, it was still high in the pelvis. So, now I am feeling quite a bit more pressure and it makes these last weeks even more fun with him sitting so low.
Last night, around 3 a.m., my body played another trick on me and I had some strong, painful contractions until about 4 a.m. and a lot of back ache. Then, things calmed down again. So, I've decided to try REALLY hard to just not think about it and I have accepted the fact that I'm going to be pregnant forever. It's just that simple. It's all a joke and my belly is huge because I ate too much for dinner. Ahhh!!!!
:)
2 comments:
Thanks for the update. You have such a great attitude. I am glad you won't be pregnant forever. And I'm glad you are willing to trick yourself into patience. No doubt, he will be worth the wait.
I know it stinks to be on that roller-coaster for what feels like forever. I think it took me about 25 hours of contractions to get to a 3cm!!! I'm hoping for little Christian to come out a couple of weeks early for your sake and that your delivery will be fairly short and pain-free!
Love ya and thinking of you!
Post a Comment