Monday, August 25, 2008

The Latest On Life


Still no baby news here. I had contractions most of yesterday and into the night but they never got closer together. They've been getting longer, though and a bit more intense and one contraction must have lasted three minutes! I kept expecting it to release but instead it kept building. Sigh. I'm just trying to stay busy and stick to my plan of "surrendering" the timing thing to God. So far, it's gone really well except for a few moments of struggle where I got incredibly irritated by the false labor. God has been so good to me, though and I believe he has blessed with me extra energy these past days and less aches and pains. I have felt real good today! I took the girls to the grocery store and we were singing and laughing together as we went up and down the aisles and I had an elderly man stop me and joke with me that I was "being too happy." Funny! I told him that yes, I had better calm down. :)

My next doctor appointment is this Thursday. If I haven't dialated at that point, then we keep waiting. If I have, then the doctor gave me the option of being induced as early as this Friday. Or, I could do it next week, probably on Wednesday, September 3 because that would work a lot better with Sam's schedule and then my parents will get here in time. However, I am wavering back and forth on the whole inducing thing. I had my water broken with both of my girls to get things moving along but part of me just wonders if I should wait it out this time and see if the baby will come on his own. I've never had the excitement of realizing it's "finally time" and going off to the hospital to have a baby. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'll just take one day at a time and see how things go.

This afternoon, Aubrie and I are busy baking M&M and chocolate chip cookies. They are the best! Here's a pic of her, complete with a gatorade mustache. She loves baking with me and especially sampling the candy.

7 comments:

LS said...

My guess is that he'll come on the 28th!

Here is a verse for you:

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13

Anonymous said...

Come Christian!!! Come boy!

Extra Prayers for my wife!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooooooooo those cookies look soooooooooo good! Our horses are saddled and when the word comes we'll hop on and gallop east. Love Mom

R Dvorak said...

We are praying for you, for sure. I am reminded that the definition for patience is long suffering. Hopefully he won't try your patience much longer.

I am thrilled that you feel better and have found wonderful ways to occupy the time. No doubt, these momments will be wonderful memories for you and your little ladies.

The Three 22nds said...

My 2 cents are to continue waiting if the MD says it is safe. Inductions are NO FUN.

LS said...

If you have him on Sat. or before our boys will be only 2 weeks apart! I hope tonight is the night!

R Dvorak said...

No news is good news, right? How are you feeling? Any trips to the hospital lately?

I keep praying for you and your crew. And I hope all is well.