Thanks so much to all those who left encouraging comments after our disappointment yesterday. It really helps to know people are praying. Last night before I went to bed, I was really struggling and feeling so sad about everything but I know people are praying because I woke up feeling at peace and knowing that everything is going to turn out okay.
Also, I slept terribly, but on a hopeful note, it really felt like the baby was spinning and moving downward last night. Of course I could be way off, but I am suspecting that with all the back pain I had yesterday that he was face up and in a posterior position which is why he wasn't coming down quickly. I know face up babies are born because Aubrie was one of them, but I also know it causes things to happen more slowly and also causes a ton of back pain because they are pressing up against the spine. Anyway, it was the strangest thing, but last night it felt like the backache started to go away and then all the pain moved down low to my front. I continued to have contractions all night but they were felt in front this time. Every time I woke up (which was constantly) I was praying for God to turn Christian and bring him down and I hope that's what happened!
I'm not counting on it but I'm at peace now, knowing there's nothing I can really do. Sam asked me for the gazillionth time if I had contractions last night and I replied, "of course, but I just breathed through each one and went back to sleep." He laughed at that, but that is the point I am at. What else can I do? I feel like I've been in an endless labor nightmare for weeks! I've decided that I won't go to the hospital unless I'm in drop down, all out pain, because then I will KNOW it is time.
Another note: I canceled the induction for Tuesday and moved it to Thursday, September 4th. It's partly because Sam really has to work that day in order to get his labor day holiday pay but it's also partly because I wanted to give Christian at least a couple more days to bring his head down if he hasn't already and most of all, in hopes that he will come on his own!
These third babies are so strange! I never would have dreamed of a scenario like this one. With the girls, my water was broken and BAM, they were born. Nothing has been typical about this pregnancy or the weeks of endless prodromal labor. It just goes to show that not everything follows a pattern just because it's the third time around.
I'm just hobbling around the house here, still having sporadic pains and contractions, and even having some light bleeding the past couple of days. My prayer is that Christian's head has come down and that now we'll get this show on the road! How awful to feel like you're in a constant state of labor but it not being "serious" enough to even go to the hospital and do anything about it. God, please help me!
Anyway, on a funny note, the girls had a ton of fun with Grandma (Sam's mom) yesterday while we were at the hospital all day, and were happily showing me the finger puppets she had bought them at a toy store when Aubrie suddenly paused and looked at me and said, "Hey, where's my brother?" I had to explain to her that we "tried to get him out but he wasn't ready." That just made me smile, though. Hopefully, she'll really see him soon and I can stop feeling like I'm making up some great sounding story about the basketball I obviously swallowed and a baby brother named Christian that refuses to come!
2 comments:
What a cute story about Aubrie! Remind me again when your actual due date is. With Asher I also postponed the induction as long as I could hoping that he would come on his own. I still ended up being induced, but I figured that giving the baby a little more time helped him be 'more ready' when we did evict him. I hope that in the midst of all of this hoopla you'll be able to still enjoy the precious gift of pregnancy!
Love to you, Anne
One plus for baby's closer to their due date is that they seem to be bigger and healthier and even sleep better. You can always hope, right?
That line from Aubrie was so funny! I always felt like a liar too since I was always saying baby brother could come any day and then he didn't, and didn't, and didn't.....
I really don't think they believed me that there was a baby in my tummy until they actually saw him.
We'll both have to go back and read our own blog posts when we get the urge to have our fourths! It might hold us off for a while!
Hoping Christian decides to come soon!
Post a Comment