Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Latest Happenings

Thanks to those of you who commented on my birthday post and for the birthday wishes! I had a good birthday in spite of a sore throat and minor head cold that I've been fighting off ever since. Sam and I had a great evening out together. It's so rare that we get a chance to be alone together like that, at least when we're out of the house, that we acted like silly little kids and hardly knew what to do with ourselves!

Some very sweet friends of ours baby-sat the kids while we went out. They are the nicest people with two kids of their own and I knew our kids would be in good hands with them. Carole, a new friend of mine and a very nice lady just adores babies and little kids and I knew that she would be just fine with Christian, even if he did cry a lot. I wasn't sure how it would go since we've only left him with his grandma (Sam's mom) and nobody else but he did really well! Carole's husband, Jesse is also wonderful with kids and a totally hands on daddy and baby-sitter so he actually held Christian most of the time we were gone because Christian really took a liking to him!

The girls had fun playing with Carole and Jesse's two kids, Erica and Wyatt who are 6 and 4. They also enjoyed eating ice cream treats and just being at someone else's house for the evening. Carole told me that when Jesse came home from work that Kayley ran up to him and welcomed him and hugged his leg, just like she does when Sam comes home. I thought that was really funny! She also followed him around the house and chattered to him a lot. So he was quite the popular guy that night, I guess!

Sam and I enjoyed our dinner at a fun little family style restaurant and then we headed to the Omnimax theater to watch the movie, "The Alps." It was a lot of fun and very interesting and I only got a bit scared a few times as we soared over mountains and over cliffs. :) We kind of felt like tourists as we browsed the theater gift shop, got two little mini-flashlights to give to the girls, and each bought a t-shirt on clearance. Fun, fun!

When we arrived to pick up the girls, Carole invited us to stay for dessert and so we did and had a great time chatting and eating. The kids were totally wiped out by the time we got home, especially Christian who had barely had a nap all day. I was tempted to go to bed myself and try to get over my dumb cold but instead I painted our bedroom with Sam. We have been working on remodeling our bedroom and it's finally finished! Yay!

So, anyway, it was a great birthday overall and it went by super fast as always. I got several cards including a very, very sweet one from Sam that made me tear up a bit and also a homemade one from Aubrie. I also forgot to mention that earlier in the day, we had a picnic lunch as a family by the river and that was very nice too.

Today, I'm working on the never ending pile of laundry and I have to visit the dentist this afternoon. I've got dinner cooking in the crock pot and hope to enjoy a relaxing evening at home. I love this time of year and am anxiously waiting for the temps to warm up around here!

2 comments:

S. and Company said...

Hi Lesley,
Just wanted to drop a note because I missed the post mentioning your birthday, so now I would like to wish you a happy belated birthday! I enjoy reading your blog because I think many of the things dear to your heart are also dear to mine. I enjoy seeing pics of your kids and just keeping up in general.
I remember when I first got to know you... you had asked me to be part of a psychology group study thing. I appreciate that you asked me - it was an encouragement as I was new to school. ;o)
I hope you are all well! I'm glad it sounds like you had a nice birthday!
God bless you all!
love,
Natalie

Our Home to Yours said...

Happy Birthday Lesley! I did not realize our birthdays are 2 days apart.. how fun! :)