Friday, May 1, 2009

Bedroom Remodel

"Before." This is how our room looked when we moved in.

"After."
We plan to hang a picture of each kid above our bed as soon as I get them printed and framed.

We found this second hand desk for cheap on craigslist and now I have a place to put my bill paying, paperwork, etc. in a place that the kids can't constantly be getting into it.

The new closet set-up.



Room by room, we are getting our house updated. We've now lived here for a little over a year. It's amazing the changes that have been made in the past year and Sam has worked very hard! There are always things we'll need to do, it seems, but we are taking one project at a time and it's fun to see the transformations. Someone asked me recently if we are glad we bought a "fixer upper" for our first home. My answer was, "yes!" I may not have said that when we first moved in, but it is SO much fun to take something that is really old and ugly and make it into something nice.

For one thing, we couldn't have afforded a brand new home with everything modern and up to date. And for another, it's been fun to put our own "touch" on the rooms we've remodeled so far. It also feels good so good when we look at the "before" pictures to see the progress made.

Our latest project was our bedroom. Other than the pea green shag carpet and the closet being a total waste of space with the way it was set up, this room wasn't so bad to me. But the time finally did come where we were able to update it and it was a fun weekend project! Sam did a great job. We were happy to find the new flooring on clearance and now I just love being in my bedroom. The blue color I chose for the walls turned out to be brighter and bolder than I had anticipated but it's growing on me. :)

Sam also installed a new shelving and hanging system in our closet which I love.

We still have to put the trim down but other than that, it's done! Yay!

1 comment:

The Three 22nds said...

Looks great! I love the new floor :)