Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Latest Cutie Pie Pics


Nice hair, Kaykay!


My camera is still giving me trouble. But here's a couple pics I snapped anyway. Don't you just LOVE the color of our house and garage? Apparently, the former owner of our house got it on sale. Hmmm, I wonder why it was on sale... Anyway, the mint oreo blizzard color house shall soon be changed. We plan to break out the paint this summer and paint it a color that is much easier on the eyes. I think we said we were going to do it last summer but for some reason it never happened. I'm really hoping it happens for real this time.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

What colors did you finally decide on for the house?

Cutie pies indeed! :-)

The Three 22nds said...

What color are you going to paint the house?

I really have no advice on running shoes. I buy $40 Nike running shoes from Kohls, and so does my sister. My sister runs 8-13 miles a day 7 days a week and has completed 3 marathons.

But that shoe works for our feet and we don't have problems. I wish I didn't wear Nikes, but honestly, they are what works for my foot.

Most runners swear by going to a running store and having them fit you etc and help you pick out a pair. I guess it is a personal decision, cheap shoes work for me and so I am not going to spend more than I have to.

If it were me, I would start running 2 times a week: a long and a short. There are a lot of couch to 5k plans on the internet, but they have you running 3-4 times (hard to fit with swimming) a week and personally I think they would start you out too slowly.

My goal for the short run would be to run the whole way and to increase it gradually (I would set a time, not a distance). My goal for the long run would be to make it be significantly longer than you can straight run and treat it as a run/walk to build endurance.

But first, I would go out and see how far you can run at a slow pace to get a feel for where you are at :)

Treadmills are good for that, because it is so easy to start out way too fast and then burn out quickly.

Grandma said...

Seeing the pictures keeps me moving one foot in front of the other.....yahooooooooooooo!

Lesley said...

To answer your questions about what colors we plan to paint the house -- well, we've pretty much settled on blue with a darker blue color (almost navy) color for the shutters and then white trim. Yes, very traditional and maybe even boring some might say, but I think it will look nice. If we were to do anything bolder or more daring, all our elderly neighbors might stage a protest. So we're going to stick to a classic color scheme, plus it fits with what we're doing on the inside of the house. On the other hand, the neighbors dealt with a blinding green house in their neighborhood for quite some time so who knows... :)

We haven't bought the paint quite yet, though so it's still slightly possible we could change our minds.

The other 3x22nd... said...

Lesley, adding to what J said about shoes, I find that the $20 for good inserts is money well spent.

I am a heavy runner, and that's probably part of it, but I do notice the difference in my muscles and my knees.

-N

Lesley said...

N-The other 22nd -- Thanks for the tip about shoe inserts! That is good to know, especially since my knees have started to bother me more the past few years...(probably from all the diving I did when playing volleyball)

Anyway, I will definitely look for inserts when I look for shoes! Thanks!