Friday, November 21, 2008

Pro Life Ministry Update

I was out early this morning to sidewalk counsel in front of the abortion clinic. The cold weather made it extra difficult for me this time and I wished I had worn my ski pants or at least more layers because I couldn't feel my legs. I told myself to toughen up though, because it is only November and we still haven't reached the sub zero temps that are sure to be coming!

There were 20 girls who went in for abortions today. As always, it was difficult to see. I had the opportunity to talk with 3 or 4 of them. They did not stop to talk with me but I know they heard what I said and I continued to talk to them even as they walked away from me. Each young mom who went into the building was talked to by one of us sidewalk counselors. They all heard our pleas on behalf of their children. There were no confirmed changed minds today but we continue to pray because we never know what God will do, even last minute.

There were two older ladies were who volunteering as "escorts" today which basically means that they stood at the front gate and watched us to make sure we didn't do anything we weren't supposed to. There are certain places we can and can not stand and we always peacefully abide by these rules but they still keep an eye on us. It was so sad and strange to me to look at these ladies. They both looked like your typical grandma (other than the coldness in their eyes) and yet they were doing something and volunteering for something that is so wicked. Do they really think they are "helping" young women? Do they have any idea the pain that is to follow once they usher in those young moms, not only for the baby but for the mothers themselves? Do they have any idea that blood is on their hands as well because they are taking part in this? I prayed for them and that God would convict them as we stood there. One lady I was standing with continued to sing the gospel during the two hours we stood there and so I have no doubt they were witnessed to this morning and heard the Truth. May they have changed hearts and minds and be saved and not take part in this evil anymore.

Abortions take place every week in our area. The next day is Monday, November 24. Please be in prayer. Thanks.

2 comments:

Karen said...

That's so disheartening Lesley! But like you said, God can change minds. Thank you for being His hands and feet in this ministry!

Leah said...

I am glad you made it out Lesley, I am sorry I wasn't there!
I hope to hit the streets again soon. This bug really knocked me out, I am still coughing, but thankfully feeling much better. Thank you for praying.
I miss you all!
Love in Christ,
Leah