Lovely little lady
Aubrie being coy about her new cut
Me -- ta da!
My sister-in-law was visiting from out of town this weekend and was incredibly nice enough to spend all of Saturday evening doing our hair. Aubrie had the second haircut of her life and got her waist length hair cropped short. It's adorable! It makes her look so much older!
She's been so funny about it, too and hasn't wanted to wear a hat or have it washed because she's afraid of wrecking it or something.
I've been wanting a good cut for a long time too and Rachel slaved away putting some highlights and lowlights in mine and then cutting mine too. I don't remember the last time my hair was this short! Sam was pretty shocked when he saw us after the haircuts. He said he'll "get used to it." I found out he's one of those guys that likes long hair on his wife. Whoops! Well, it'll grow back. Maybe we can come up with a compromise of some sort since my hair tends to get stringy and limp when it's long which is why I wanted it cut in the first place. So anyway, here we are with our new hairstyles.

4 comments:
Steve is the same about long hair. I like mine shorter and feel like it has a lot more style than when it's long. I've realized though that 'long' hair doesn't necessarily mean LONG hair to Steve. He like my new cut which is above the shoulders, but isn't cropped up in the back. I'm trying to figure out how to get the cropped up look in the back that I like without it getting too short. Compromise! :) I think both of your cuts look great!
Cute cuts! You look like you're way too young to have 3 kids with that haircut! I like the highlights too. I wacked off a bunch of Ali's hair recently because she wouldn't keep her pigtails or ponytails in so I have found that it's super easy to take care of when it's shorter and doesn't hang in her eyes all the time!
Christian sure is looking bigger and older all the time! Soon he'll be a boy zooming trucks all over the house and you'll wonder where your baby has gone! What a cute little boy! I love the one of him smiling while Sam is reading a story.
It's so funny that you mention Sam liking long hair. Last week's sermon in the Mark Driscoll series on Song of Songs talked about that exact same thing! (#7 Dance of Mahanaim). He talked about how his wife went and chopped all of her hair off and he was totally shocked and had no idea what to say without getting killed! You guys should listen to that sermon together. Driscoll is hilarious! It's a pretty racey sermon. He says that is the passage of the Bible most likely to make him fire himself!
www.marshillchurch.org
You both look great! Madison's hair is getting pretty long again so I suppose we'll cutting her's again pretty soon. She has gotten a ton better though, about getting it brushed in the morning.
Cute hair!
My husband used to say he liked long hair too- he grew up in a family of all long haired women. In fact, his 18 year old sister has NEVER had her hair cut, just an occasional trim. It is quite long, as you can imagine :)
Anyway, after I explained to him that everyone is different and has different kinds of hair which looks better in certain styles, he changed his tune. Now he likes however I keep it! (or at least he claims too :)
Post a Comment