Friday, November 7, 2008

My God is Mighty to Save

"Jesus loves the unborn babies
all the unborn babies of the world
Red and yellow, black and white
They are precious in His sight
Jesus loves the unborn babies of the world."

We smiled as we sang this song together this past Tuesday in front of the abortion clinic. I finally was able to make it to sidewalk counseling after a nine week break since Christian was born. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to go since life is quite crazy with three little ones and trying to work things with Sam's work schedule. But, I'll leave it in the Lord's hands and pray that I'll be used as He wants to use me. I didn't have the opportunity to talk to anyone this time but I was quite okay with that and thankful to just be there and pray with the other people as precious lives hung in the balance that morning.

And the good news is that Jesus DOES in fact love the unborn babies. He saved at last three that we know of in the past couple of weeks. PRAISE GOD! Can you imagine? Three little babies that almost lost their lives wil now have the chance to grow in their mother's womb and be born. They will walk, talk, make friends, possibly marry and have kids of their own, and most importantly have the opportunity to live for Jesus -- the One who saved them when they were yet so tiny.

Since I didn't personally witness all that happened, I don't have all the details of how the babies were saved. What I do know is that one young mom had locked her keys in her car, giving the sidewalk counselors the opportunity to talk to her longer and help her get her keys out with a coat hanger. It was wonderful to hear the news that she had changed her mind about abortion.

The second baby saved involved a young couple that after initially going into the abortion clinic came out smiling. They told the sidewalk counselors they had changed their minds. The sidewalk counselors hugged them and rejoiced.

The third baby involved a couple that went in just this past Tuesday. One sidewalk counselor stuck around longer after the rest of us had left for the morning and reported that they had changed thier mind, although I don't have any other details at this time.

But, God is at work! I am praising Him for these miracles and for using His people to reach through to these young moms. The spiritual oppression was heavy this past Tuesday and you could feel that the enemy was at work. This is where prayer is so crucial! We need to have our armor on and be ready for the attacks that come our way. There were a group of drunk, homeless men that were hanging around us and causing distractions. When Sarah, a sidewalk counselor, said something about God forming us in the womb to a young man bringing his girlfriend in for an abortion, he turned around and scoffed, "God?! My god has horns!"

We prayed that this man would be freed from the hold the enemy has on him. What a testimony he would have if he were saved one day.

Thanks to all of you who are praying for the important ministry of sidewalk counseling and other pro life work. Be encouraged that your prayers are being heard and answered. Our God, just like the song you may have heard on the radio lately, is "mighty to save." Nothing is too difficult for Him. May we rejoice that He is more powerful than the enemy could ever be and that He can break through even the coldest of hearts and bring conviction and repentance.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart..." Jeremiah 1:5

1 comment:

Leah said...

Praise the Lord Lesley!
Thank you for writing about this, it is so neat to see the Lord working. We know He is working all the time, but we don't always see it.
It was so good to have you out with us on Tuesday, I hope you are able to come often! :)
Love in Christ,
Leah