I am happy to report that at least one more baby avoided abortion today through the grace and mercy of God. I was not able to make it to sidewalk counsel this morning but my good and faithful friends were there as usual and I got the report in my e-mail that a baby had been saved. I wanted to pass the news along to those of you who have asked to be updated on the pro-life ministry in our area. This is what was said about this morning by the man in charge of the sidewalk counseling ministry: (I did some minor editing to correct a few grammatical errors)
Another baby saved from abortion today! That makes four for the month so far! I talked at length to the escort who brought her and pleaded with her to go back into the building to get her out. She said she feared God and believed that Jesus died for her but said that her friend had made up her mind. I told her to never give up! I told her to talk to her one more time. I don't know what transpired but they did come out and the pregnant women said she did change her mind and took our gift package. We learned that this mother had one other child at home which she had thought about aborting but changed her mind then as well. One other couple came out early but we do not know the details.
Praise the Lord! He has done a mighty work. I do plan on being there on the next abortion day -- November 21st. Please be in prayer.
One thing that I try to do is pray for the pregnant moms in the days leading up to the scheduled abortions. I know that God knows each and every woman that has an appointment and her unique situation. I find myself praying that in the days leading up to her scheduled appointment that she will be bombarded by pro-life friends and family. I pray that she will see pictures of babies while surfing the internet and stumble across articles and pictures of babies in the womb. I pray that she will see friends and family members with little babies and that she will start thinking, "That could be my child one day." I pray that she will be filled with an overwhelming sense of love for her baby growing within her. I pray that God will break through the deception the enemy has placed on her and give her Truth. I pray that she will become so uneasy about the idea of abortion that if she does choose to show up that day that she will have ears to hear what the sidewalk counselors say to her.
And if I'm not able to sidewalk counsel that day, I try to pray more in earnest between the hours of 7:30 a.m. -- 10:00 a.m. because that is when the moms are going in and hearing what the sidewalk counselors are saying to them. I always feel a sense of doom around noon on that day because that is about when the actual killing begins. My heart is heavy at this hour but I'm still praying for last minute changed minds.
1 comment:
Yeah!
What awesome news!
Post a Comment