Friday, May 2, 2008

We're Back!

We had a GREAT time visiting my parents!! It was exhausting traveling even though we rode the train most of the way. We got on in the middle of the night on the way out there and got off in the middle of the night on the way home so we were TIRED. It took a couple of days just to recover from the traveling.

Overall, the girls did pretty good on the trip, although it was hard having a tired, cranky 20 month old on a train and it took some work to get her to fall asleep for some much needed naps without disturbing everyone around us. Sam took a couple trips to the bathroom on the train to bear hug and sing her to sleep where she could cry without it bothering people. Aubrie had a blast on the train and loved all the excitement but she had a bit of a hard time settling down too. Riding the train is a lot of fun but would be SO much easier and relaxing without kids along! But when you compare it to driving and hours strapped into car seats, I still think it's a better way to go.

It's back to the routine as usual now that we're home and I've been busy doing a lot of cooking and baking after learning some new recipes from my mom. Now we're just waiting for spring to arrive, although I think I've given up on it actually happening.

To all those wondering about our blog title now that we know a boy is on the way -- I have really tried to change it and thought I had but somehow it didn't work. So if anyone knows how I can change it to something else, feel free to let me know. We won't be "Sam and his girls" forever! :)

No comments: