Thursday, May 29, 2008

Field Trip






Aubrie has one more week of pre-school and then she'll be done. Since we're going to be homeschooling from now on, I've been talking to her about how this fall we are going to be having school at our house and that I will be her teacher. She seemed to think that was pretty cool although I'm not sure she quite understands it.

I am really, really glad that she was able to have this year of pre-school even though I knew we would eventually be home schooling. She had so much fun this past year and learned SO much including lots of good Bible stories and verses. I mainly just wanted to try it out since it was just a couple mornings a week and give her something fun to be a part of for awhile. She can now write her name like a pro and knows the whole alphabet and lots of numbers too. She brings home the cutest projects and our fridge is plastered with them.

She could have done the four year old class this coming fall at the same place but we are much farther away from her school than we used to be. Our apartment was extremely close and now we are a good 15-20 minute drive away. So, with the cost of gas and the spendy tuition, we decided it would be good to start doing school at home.

So anyway, after all that blabbing, this post was supposed to tell about the field trip she had to the zoo last week. Since I was busy doing pro-life volunteering that morning, Sam went along to help chaperone and brought Kayley with him. They had so much fun! Sam was good about snapping pics so here are a few.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lesley,
It was so fun to see your post on luara's blog! I didn't know you had a blogspot! Your girls are getting so big and are just adorable! And congrats on your boy in the making! That is soooo exciting! I'll have to keep checking back here and keeping up with you guys~

Sarah Norvold