Friday, May 16, 2008

Spring!



I'm not sure if I dare get my hopes up, but I think spring has finally arrived here. The last two days have been just beautiful. This morning, we all got outside for some yard work and planting flowers. I've never had flowers before because I've never had a house of my own before, but I decided to give it a try. We planted six geraniums and Aubrie had a lot of fun helping and watering them. If they do well, we can plant more in front of our house. They look so nice!

Next week, I hope to have some friends come help me get my garden started. I'm so excited and I hope to have tomatoes, onions, peas, beans, and whatever else I can keep alive. Thankfully, the man who lived here before us worked real hard on the garden and brought in the best soil so now we get to benefit from that, although it needs lots of weeding and tearing up before we can get started planting.
I just love this time of year!

No comments: