Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Walgreens Addict in the Making


Okay, I'll admit it. I've gotten hooked on getting good deals at Walgreens. Thanks to my very smart and patient friend, Lindsey, I am learning how to get things for practically nothing by using coupons, looking for register rewards, and getting rebates.
It has been quite confusing at times and there is still a ton that is over my head but I'm hoping with time, I will get a good system going like so many others and start figuring it all out.
I got everything in the above picture for $2.50 plus tax! What I did was buy nine items from the register rewards page in the Walgreens ad, spending $23.74 including tax. Then, I got a ticket back for $20 which I can spend on anything in the store, thus making all the stuff I got today cost me about $2.50. Amazing! And it's all stuff we will really use!
There is still so much for me to learn but I'm excited about my first great deal. Thanks, Lindsey! And if anybody else wants to learn how to do this, you can go to www.moneysavingmom.com and she explains it all under the title, "Walgreens 101."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smart doings! Let me know how those "erasers" work. I have lots of stuff I'd "like to erase" around this house!?!?!? Love Mom