Saturday, June 13, 2009

Walk For Life

My girls and me! We stand for LIFE! :)

Our whole group

Proud to stand up for the babies

Three of my greatest blessings

My Men


Today was the annual "Walk For Life" event in our area. A group of just under 30 people walked over 5 miles through the city holding pro-life signs and flags as a witness that we stand for life and for the unborn. Last year, Sam did the walk while I had the kids and this year, I took the walk and Sam brought the kids home for naps after dropping me off at the starting place.

It was a good teaching moment as I explained to Aubrie what I was going to be a part of and why. We've talked many times together about why we stand for life and why it is wrong to "hurt the babies." Even at five years old Aubrie is very passionate about helping the unborn and standing for what is right.

We all met at a park for prayer and a short message and then we started out. Within about five minutes of our walk, thunder started booming and we got rained on. But, thankfully the temperatures were still quite warm and the rain actually felt kind of refreshing. We had lots and lots of support from people driving by. There were a lot of thumbs ups, waves, and encouragement along the way. I enjoyed talking with a good friend and fellow pro-lifer along the way and catching up since we haven't seen each other in awhile. She was a big encouragement to me as we talked.

It's a good thing I've been exercising for several months or I might have gotten pretty tired on the two and a half hour walk. Other than my knees getting a bit sore, I felt very good at the end.

The walk ended at our city's abortion clinic where we prayed together and sought the Lord on behalf of the unborn. We prayed that people would not misunderstand our witness and associate us with those who practice violence but that we stand for children, we stand for what is right, and we do it in love while offering help and resources. We don't use violence, but we don't use silence either. We speak the truth in love.

We also prayed for the clinic's director and for God to send more sidewalk counselors.

Afterwards, we all headed a few blocks farther to have pizza and pop at a nearby church. The fellowship was great and Sam and the kids met up with us there. I'm so thankful I was able to be a part of this event and pray that God used our witness for good and to motivate others to protect the innocent and to glorify His name.

2 comments:

sarah said...

Praise God Lesley!

The pictures are precious and are a witness for truth!

I'm so thankful to God for you and your family. So many do not understand that we need to be speaking out on the issue of abortion.

God bless you and your family so much!

I'll be praying for you all this week especially.

love,
Sarah

Karen said...

Great post Lesley! What an awesome thing for your children to be involved WITH you! Thank you again for putting hands and feet to the pro-life cause!