Sam's birthday was yesterday but we celebrated early because he is working 12 hour night shifts all week and we've hardly seen him. However, I did want to at least do a little something on the actual day so I made this 8 by 10 picture collage by uploading the pictures to Walgreens and then when I got the e-mail that it was done, I drove the 4 blocks or so to pick it up! Very convenient! My original idea was to put the collage in his work lunch box so that when he sat down for his first break of the night, he would be surprised by it. But when I tried to sneak it in there, I realized it didn't fit. So I just put it in a big envelope and wrote, "Surprise! Happy Birthday!" on the envelope and put it on top of his lunch box and told him he couldn't open it until he got to work. That way, it was still kind of a surprise.
He e-mailed me from work as soon as he saw it and said he loved it!!! He now has it hanging in his locker. I thought it would be a good idea since he's been asking me for pictures of the kids to keep at work or in his wallet for the longest time and I just haven't been on the ball about that. Now whenever he opens his locker at work, he can be reminded that he has a family at home that loves him and is thinking about him!
4 comments:
What a great and thoughtful idea!
Oh.....what a thoughtful gift! Sam is one blessed man....a full quiver and loving wife who tends the home according to God's principles.
Such a great idea, Lesley!
It would be fun to get together when you take Aubrie to camp! Can you give me a call when you're here? (Or beforehand, if you like.) My number's on Facebook. :)
Happy belated Birthday to Sam! That's a great present!
Post a Comment