Yup, we're still here but have just been really busy lately. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to show from Aubrie being at camp (I know - it's terrible!) but I was so overwhelmed with having the three kids and trying to keep track of everyone that I really didn't get much of a chance to even think about pictures. When I did have a chance to take a few, my camera informed me that the memory card was full. Sigh! But I will just say that the week went well and Aubrie had a blast at camp. She did so good and I was so proud of her. I think back to when I was five years old and how shy I was and if my mom had suddenly dropped me off at a place I'd never been to before and I was there all day, all week -- well, I don't think I would have done as well.
She took to it right away, went swimming, made friends, learned songs, made crafts, and really thrived being there. So even though I was utterly exhausted by the end of the week and wondering how anyone could ever survive being a single parent, it was worth it for Aubrie to have this experience. It was SO nice to come home, though and see Sam again and the kids missed him terribly all week and were so happy to see him too.
I've also learned that Christian doesn't do so well when he gets thrown off his routine. It's so hard to be away from home sometimes, at least with a baby, because missing naps and being in new environments and with new people was a little rough on Christian and the first couple of days were especially hard. He did adjust as the week went on but sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be able to go away and have happy, content kids. Maybe when they're older? Discipline is hard when you're away from home too because the dynamics are different and sometimes I feel the pressure to be the perfect parent when I'm around certain people and if things don't go well or my kids aren't behaving perfectly, I somehow feel like I've failed. And I honestly was doing the best I could do while we were gone. (Although I am FAR from being perfect, of course)
Well, I don't mean to complain. God is good and faithful and I have learned MUCH since becoming a parent for the first time over five years ago. :)
Hope everyone has a good week!
2 comments:
It's so good to hear what you've been up to. Thanks for always being willing to be 'real' on your blog. I relate with so much of what you say. I always wish we could just go for a walk together to chat about life again! LOVE the new pictures. Your kids are so cute.
Miss you, my friend!
Anne
Yeah, I understand! My kids really need their routine too! Travel is rough and I feel like Josiah's family only gets to see our kids at their absolute worst! Oh well, it won't be long before these little years are over!
Post a Comment