

Now that our tv has been put away for an indefinite amount of time (my parents used to get rid of the tv every summer when I was growing up and it drove me CRAZY until I got busy and found other things to do - now I'm doing the same thing with my kids! ahh!), the girls have to find lots of creative ways of entertaining themselves in the house.
We do go outside as much as possible but I usually try to get my daily household cleaning done in the morning such as dishes, vacuuming, laundry, and cleaning up bedrooms, so during that time the girls have to be inside with me, of course.
They usually are busy making forts out of whatever they can find, hiding in cupboards, playing in their room together with toys, reading books, and just being goofy together. It's been great to see their imaginations expanding since they are not sitting in front of a screen anymore. Of course, there are days where I feel like I'll die if I can't put in a video and keep them busy for awhile, but for the most part, it's been very refreshing. (I can still pop a veggie tales dvd into our computer when I REALLY need a few moments to do something but I try to forget about it as much as possible :))
So anyway, here they are under a chair, pretending they are in some sort of house.
No comments:
Post a Comment