




Sometimes having a four year old "help" you in the kitchen can be much more work than help, but I've found it to be a very good thing to have Aubrie bake and cook with me. She LOVES it and even though it takes longer and there are a lot more spills to clean up, we have a great time together and she is learning lots of good things!
The menu today included homemade veggie chowder for supper and cinnamon rolls and cream cheese frosting from scratch for dessert. We kind of did it backwards, though and ate a cinnamon roll before supper because we couldn't resist a warm one right out of the oven! It was kind of a chilly, rainy day today so I thought a hot bowl of soup and a yummy cinnamon roll for dessert would be perfect!
I tried a new cinnamon roll recipe today because I couldn't find my other one and it was soooooo delicious! Aubrie had the best time trying to pour in ingredients and knead the dough. I also put my little lefty to work peeling a potato but that was difficult for her and difficult for me to teach with her being left handed! But she got an "A" for effort and almost peeled a whole potato before running out of steam and patience.
Kayley was napping during most of our work which is the only way to do it really without getting my entire house destroyed. Soooo here are some pics!
7 comments:
Yummy! Those look so good!
I didn't know Aubrie was a lefty.
When I saw these pictures I said to Steve,"Wow, I really wish I was at their house today!" They look SO yummy!
What great mommy/daughter moments.
Have you every checked out the Girl Talk blog? You may enjoy it. Very solid biblically and many thought provoking topics covered. This post made me think of the current series they're doing on homemaking.
http://girltalk.blogs.com/
How are you feeling these days?
Oh.....how precious. Grandma is just so smitten! My heart's cockles are just purring! Love all 5 of you!!!! Momaroooooooooooo
Wonderful! Perfect memory for a rainy day.
My Jalinda is left handed too. It creates all kinds of fun situations. :)
Thanks for sharing.
What a good way to get Aubrie involved. I am sure she have many good memories helping mom in the kitchen! How fun!
Absolutely no hard feelings. I wasn't directing my self confidence comments etc. toward any specific people. I don't even know you! I just wasn't clear that my comments were in NO WAY meant to pick on what any 1 particular person had to share on the blog. I would say that if we actually sat down and TALKED things over our views would probably closely aline :) You have cute kids too :) I love little girls...it makes me almost want to have one! Only I know the boy thing so well, all boys would be fine by me! Maybe a basketball team? (my oldest thinks we should go for a baseball team, but I am thinking no.)
thanks for apologizing - your words were harsh. the reason i often comment on lindsays blog is because so many christians out there say things in a way that makes christians sound very judgemental and naive. also, i lived across the hall from lindsay at oak hills and know that we both enjoy a good debate. i know a few non-christians that read her blog and it worries me that they may be turned off from christianity by the way people write on that blog. i absolutely love a good debate and often take the other side even when i dont agree with it just to get people thinking. and a good debate is often a very good way to educate yourself about hot topics. so part of my commenting is related to that, but the other reason is just to remind the people reading that blog that the world and the bible are not black and white on certain issues and there are many ways to be a good parent. whether it is related to homeschooling vs public schooling, working vs non-working, tv vs no-tv, or whatever. it gets me so fired up when i read christian women writing things online about how their way is the only way, when the topic they are talking to has no clear answer in the bible. we need to understand that people's lives have different circumstances which cause them to do different things as they parent. instead of acting like one persons way is the only way, accept that people do things differently and it doesnt make it wrong. i know that it is probably just the way i read what people write, and maybe they dont mean it that way, but if a non-christian reads it and takes it the way i do, do you think it would bring them to know the lord? it would probably make them turn further away. i just wish people had a more accepting mind of other parents and the decisions they make in child-rearing.
Post a Comment