Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Baby Shower





A couple days ago, our pastor's wife had a baby shower for me and it was so much fun! There were several sweet ladies from church there and a couple other younger moms. It was SO much fun to have a BOY theme this time -- everything was blue, even the punch! A lady made the most beautiful and creative cake and everything was decorated so nicely. I took a really goofy picture of myself so you could see my "corsage" which was very beautifully made out of ribbons and five pacifiers that I got to keep! Yay! :)

We played some fun (and interesting) games and I got several nice gifts with a great stash of adorable baby boy clothes. My good friend, Jenny led a devotional and said some very sweet words of encouragement to me and then all the ladies prayed for me and the baby. I was so appreciative to everyone for putting this all together for me because I really wasn't expecting a shower since this is my third baby. I'm really getting into boy gear now as I have sorted through all the clothes that have been given to me and organized them by size.

We just finished remodeling the baby's bedroom and I'm so excited about it! I've posted a couple pics, but keep in mind that I still have to hang curtains, hangs some things on the walls, and do a few finishing touches. Almost all of my baby gear was Kayley's except for the crib and changing table which I got for super cheap on craigslist. The bassinet is practically brand new since Kayley was a stinker and wouldn't sleep in it. I haven't decided yet if I'll put the baby in the crib right away or in the bassinet or maybe just in the bassinet for naps and in the crib at night or what. I guess it depends on his temperament and I'll see how things go. Now that he has a nice room of his own, I'd like to keep him in it though! I know the middle of the night feedings can be made easier by having the baby in our room, but I also would actually like to sleep this time around (is that even possible??) and not wake up to every little grunt and noise.

Less than six weeks to go! Whoohoo!

1 comment:

LS said...

I love the corsage and it sounds like your shower was fun!

I wish I could have had one of those sweet rolls! YUM!

Your nursery looks so cute and the jungle theme is perfect. You could even buy some wooden letters and paint them to match in his name!

My kids go to the dentist for the first time on Monday. All I can say about your root canal is WAIT until he's here so you can DEMAND that they put you completely out for it! Childbirth is going to look so fun next to that!