Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Stormy Night and A Rose




We had lots of thunderstorms and heavy rain blow through our area yesterday. In the evening, we took a little drive and I took a few pictures of the lake. The wind was whipping like crazy and there are a few raindrops that hit the lens but you can still get a pretty good view of the fury of the huge lake we live near.

Now, on to the rose...I never thought I could ever grow roses in our climate but in the spring we saw rosebushes on sale at Menards and so I figured that they had to be able to survive here if they were selling them here. We bought five rosebushes in different colors and planted them and after lots of watering and sunshine, this is the first one to bloom! I was so happy when I came outside today and saw this beautiful, yellow rose growing here of all places! I have no idea how long they will last or if they will come back next year (I sure hope they do!) but I'm going to enjoy them as long as they last.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Awesome pictures!

Momarooooooooooo said...

That is just beautiful!!! Your grandma would be proud of you growing tea roses like she did....I guess it skipped a generation...maybe I'll grow roses someday too! It will be fun to hear of the colors of the others waiting to bloom!

TwirledPeace said...

Beatiful photos--the waves that were whipped up in that storm were quite amazing! I also had no idea you could grow roses in your climate... very cool!