
Safe in the arms of Daddy
There's no better place to be
I love my daddy so very much
He is so good to me
He teaches me what's right and wrong
and guides me along the way
Never forgetting to point The Way to Jesus
each and every day
Safe in the arms of Daddy
He is so great, you see
I am his son, the boy he loves
and I love when he plays with me
I'm growing up so fast these days
I'm learning so many new things
It's fun to sit in the lap of my Daddy
and listen as he sings
Safe in the arms of Daddy
protected, safe, and sound
I'm so glad he watches out for me
holding me high up off on the ground
Even though my Daddy is great
There is One greater he has told me about
He is God, the Father who sent Jesus, His Son
He's the best Father, no doubt
So even though my Daddy is great
He has learned from the very best
He has learned from God how to love his son
and if you want to know the rest...
Just look to the Way,
The Truth, and The Life,
And you will so plainly see...
The reason that my daddy's so great
is because God made him to be!
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
There's no better place to be
I love my daddy so very much
He is so good to me
He teaches me what's right and wrong
and guides me along the way
Never forgetting to point The Way to Jesus
each and every day
Safe in the arms of Daddy
He is so great, you see
I am his son, the boy he loves
and I love when he plays with me
I'm growing up so fast these days
I'm learning so many new things
It's fun to sit in the lap of my Daddy
and listen as he sings
Safe in the arms of Daddy
protected, safe, and sound
I'm so glad he watches out for me
holding me high up off on the ground
Even though my Daddy is great
There is One greater he has told me about
He is God, the Father who sent Jesus, His Son
He's the best Father, no doubt
So even though my Daddy is great
He has learned from the very best
He has learned from God how to love his son
and if you want to know the rest...
Just look to the Way,
The Truth, and The Life,
And you will so plainly see...
The reason that my daddy's so great
is because God made him to be!
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
7 comments:
How beautifully sweet Lesley! Did you write it?
Thanks, Leah! Yup, I did write it. It kind of came off the top of my head so it's probably not the most grammatically correct poem but I had fun writing it. :)
What an awesome poem.....you are a writer-extraordinaire!!!! Love it.....good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Mom! I think my writing skills came from you, you know! :<)
What a beautiful poem, Lesley! And I really like the new layout of your blog.
Thanks, Anne! :)
Since I read your blog regularly, I'm not sure how I missed this the first time, but I did. Cool poem! Thanks for sharing! And thanks for standing up for life!
Post a Comment