A summary:
Life has been busy around here with lots of relatives visiting, family get togethers, and just the usual business that comes with summer. I've enjoyed all of it but I'm also getting really tired.
Sam's grandpa has had some health problems lately that has the family concerned so we are praying for him and for good test results.
The girls have had a blast playing with their cousins that are visiting from Tennessee. It's been loud and chaotic at times but they just love it.
Christian's ear infection has FINALLY cleared up and he's back to being the happy boy that we missed during those long days of fever and crankiness.
Christian has learned how to raise his arms and do "so big!" and also wave bye-bye which is the most adorable thing ever. He's also starting to stand on his own for a few seconds at a time.
Kayley is still not totally potty trained. I'm tired of buying and changing diapers.
Kayley often says to Sam, "Daddy, you're the BEST! You're the BEST I ever had!" And then she gives him a bunch of big hugs. It's really funny and also awfully sweet.
Aubrie is growing up so quickly and constantly asks me questions all day long. I need to work on being more patient so that I can answer those questions.
Sam's job is going well and he recently met three other Christian men at work which was a HUGE encouragement to him!
We put our family YMCA membership on hold for three months since this is such a busy time of year and it will be a great thing to start up again in October when it's freezing outside and I can't workout outside anymore. So I've replaced my lap swimming with jogging except that I haven't gone in awhile because I got painful blisters on my feet last time I went. But, I just ordered some good running shoes that should be in the mail soon. Sam also bought running shoes and so we hope to run together if we can get a baby-sitter a few times a week. The kids also join me on the floor each morning while I do crunches. Christian loves to crawl all over me while I do them. Aubrie is good about holding me accountable. If I haven't done my crunches yet she will ask me, "Mom, have you done your exercises?"
I need to start reviewing our curriculum and gearing up for kindergarten with Aubrie starting at the end of next month.
Today is a rainy day but I'm looking forward to a quiet day at home.
And that's about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment