If you like places like the Olive Garden or Johnny Carinos (yum!) then you would love this dish. The sauce starts with sauteed garlic (2 cloves minced), red onion (about 1/2 cup chopped) , three Roma tomatoes, and a few tablespoons of cooked, crumbled bacon. When those ingredients were sauteed and soft, I poured in a jar of Alfredo sauce (I used Classico 4 cheese Alfredo, but you can make your own if you want) and let it simmer for a few minutes before being poured on top of bow tie pasta. I put grilled chicken, steamed brocolli, some fresh chopped Roma tomatoes, and parmesean cheese on top and it was ready to go and smelled awesome!
Sam and I always got this dish at the restaurant, Johnny Carinos when we lived out west and I finally learned how to make it myself, although I'm sure it's not exact and I added the broccoli which isn't in the original dish. Sam and Aubrie absolutely loved this when I made it for dinner last night (Kayley is picky and won't eat much of anything except macaroni and cheese) and I must say, it was pretty delicious!
3 comments:
Is the sauce 4 cheese spaghetti sauce or alfredo sauce? Gracious....it looks soooooooooo good!!!!!
Mom -- it's Alfredo sauce. I know I always rave about the Classico 4 cheese spaghetti sauce but I discovered they also sell it in Alfredo and it's actually pretty good! The jar, however, is kind of small and I think that the next time I do this dish, I may use two jars instead of just one. Then, there will be more leftovers! :)
We make something similar. Well, Noah started it but then he got tired of it. My sis and I LOVE it though.
I use a portobello mushroom white sauce (can't remember the exact name or brand). I saute red, orange and yellow bell peppers, onions, mushrooms...add in chicken and the sauce. Sometimes I add bacon.
We usually eat it on penne.
LOVE it! I had forgotten about it..my mouth is watering now and my sis is in town! Might be time to make it!
(I always have to remember not to read the fat content on the back of the jar...)
Post a Comment