Monday, March 2, 2009

Feeling Better!

Boy, does it feel good to feel good again!



We're quite happy about it!


Sweeties


Smiles


I don't ever want to take healthy kids for granted after what we've been through the past week! It is so good to see Kayley and Christian smiling again and looking healthy. You can see the difference in Kayley especially after how she looked in these pictures.


Each day seems to get a little bit better and I'm hoping they can both be cough-free by the end of the week. I'll probably need to get Christian's ears re-checked soon too. I'm trying to let up on the tylenol and see if he can get through the day and night without it now. The past two nights have gone amazingly well with him and he's slept through the night without any problems. He was doing so well with the transition to his own room and crib and then after getting sick, we had some rough nights.


I'm doing a lot better myself, although I'm still having sinus pain and an annoying cough but Sam was incredibly helpful to me this past weekend and I was so grateful for that. I don't know what I would have done without him. He is so great about jumping in and doing whatever needs to be done and taking on more of the work load when I'm not feeling good.


I had to stay home from church with the kids since we still weren't 100% healthy but Sam went and played for the worship team as usual and when he walked in the door afterwards he said something to the effect of, "How about I take care of the kids for awhile today so you can go do something you'd like to do. You can go browse the mall or even stay home and take a bath or something. But I'd like to help you so you can have a rest and a break." Wow! What a sweetie! On any other day, I would have taken him up on his offer but since I still wasn't feeling the best, I told him I'd just like to relax at home.


So that's what's been going on around here lately. Hope you are all healthy and well!






3 comments:

Leah said...

Oh Lesley, it is so good to see them smiling again! Praise God for getting you through this ordeal and for giving you such a wonderful husband. God bless him!

Karen said...

Glad to hear that everybody is on the mend!

And I just had to say that I can't believe how much Christian resembles Aubrie! Your kids are adorable!

S. and Company said...

I'm so glad to hear that your household is on the mend! Praise God! I hope you continue to heal and that nobody gets a relapse! I was so sorry to hear how awful it was for a while. Ugh. It's tough enough when it's just the "usual" sickness symptoms. Wish I could have given you a hug - it's soo hard to see your precious little ones in a bad state.