Monday, March 23, 2009

Healing up

We're pretty sure that this wall was the scene of the crime. Kayley was bouncing on a big bouncy toy and most likely lost her balance and fell face first into the wall corner.

A close up of the healing process

This injury didn't keep me down for a second! :)

I thought some of you might be wondering how Kayley is doing after her incident so I thought I would post a few pictures of how good her head is looking after her stitches came out. It is healing very nicely and looks better than I ever thought it would after only a week. It's hard to believe that after all that blood and drama that it healed so quickly but that is a good thing! She never touched or pulled at her stitches which was a relief and she acted like she didn't even know they were there. She never complained about the spot hurting and she was her happy normal self not too long after it happened. Amazing how resilient kids are!

I had my friend, Hannah visiting for the weekend and she came with me to take Kayley back to the hospital to get her stitches out on Friday. I was a little worried for her since I know that the removal of stitches does not feel good but she did amazingly well. Two nurses worked together to remove them and they were so good with her. She winced a little as they came out but thank goodness there were only three of them. In a couple minutes, it was all over and one of the nurses put the stitches on a piece of tape and offered them to Kayley to look at and keep for her baby book. I didn't really have an interest in keeping them since this is not something I really want to remember but Kayley immediately took them and started giggling and thought it was really fun to hold them. She got two stickers for being good and off we went!


1 comment:

LS said...

Glad she's feeling better!

Thanks for the birthday wishes! You asked how I remember the kid funnies. I write them down on a slip of paper next to the computer as they say them and then post on them when I get about 10 of them. Otherwise, my mommy brain wouldn't remember them all!

Hope you don't have to pay that hospital bill.