Saturday, February 28, 2009

Update on the Sick House

Hi Mommy. I'm not sure I want to smile.

I'm pretty sure I don't want to smile.

Yup. I'm sad.



Okay, I'll pretend I'm happy.


Thanks, everyone for the prayers and encouragement after the hard week we've had! Things are looking up, except that now the sickest people in the house are Christian and me. Instead of worrying constantly about Kayley and if she's getting enough to drink, I now have a VERY miserable and cranky little boy to take care of and he seems to cry non-stop. I finally took him back to the doctor yesterday because after three days of anti-biotics for his ears, he was only acting worse and kept pulling on his right ear.


The doctor said his ears don't look too bad, amazingly and to continue the anti-biotics and then he also prescribed some drops that we can put in his ears to help numb the pain. He also might have bronchitis so hopefully the medicine will take care of that as well. I wonder, though why he is crying so much and acting so miserable after four days now of anti-biotics. These sicknesses have been hard to shake! I can only pray that the infection clears and he gets better.


I have a sinus/head cold that is making my whole face hurt, a runny nose and irritated throat, and a bit of a cough. I guess I should have expected it to happen after I had little kids coughing in my face for several days no matter how many times I told them to cover their mouths. Last night was awful with Christian up constantly and I just wanted to sleep so bad, I almost cried. I feel bad that he doesn't feel good but I just don't know what to do for him. Does anybody have any tips or ideas for babies who have hurting ears? He hasn't wanted to nurse as much lately and I think it's because there is pressure on his ears when he swallows. So, he'll eat a little but then throw his head back and scream. It's hard.


In spite of all this, I am thankful that Sam and Aubrie have managed to say quite healthy and that Kayley is doing a whole lot better after her rough experience. Even though I didn't feel good yesterday, I worked hard to make up a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup because I knew it would be a soothing, tasty meal for sore throats and was hoping it would be a way to sneak fluids into Kayley. And it worked because she gobbled up two bowls of it which made me very glad!


I guess I should just be thankful that this is our family's first major round of sickness all year but sometimes I just want to buy respirators and go live in a cave in order to prevent everyone from catching things like this!

2 comments:

sarah said...

Oh Lesley,
We are praying for you, often.

I am so sorry to learn about the sickness.
God bless you and your dear family.
I'm praying for you to have strength and healing.

In our Saviors love,
Sarah

LS said...

Ear drops or blowing a hair dryer in the ear might help. I sure hope you are all over this soon. How awful! When Mom gets sick, she still doesn't get any breaks or rest! I pray you heal from this sickness and that you all stay healthy the rest of the winter. It's hard to see your tiny ones get sick and it's hard to be sick yourself.

I like the cute pics of Christian; especially the amost-pout: adorable!