Friday, December 12, 2008

After!

There is still end cap and trim work to be done but you can see I've got counter space -- yay!

I had just done a bunch of dishes before this pic but when we have the dishwasher, I'll hopefully not be using as much counter space for dishes. The spot for the dishwasher is where the garbage can currently is.

I love the counter top - it hides the dirty spots when I spill stuff and is easy to wipe clean :)


This is before the cabinets were hung above the stove and before out kitchen table was put back. The girls are having their breakfast together and don't mind at all that the place is still a mess with stuff to put away.
Anyway, there is still some touch-up work and last minute things to be done but at least you can get the idea of the change. The cord hanging out of the wall above the stove will be for the range hood and fan that we haven't installed yet. Also, when you look at the ceiling, you can see not only that we ran out of paint and have to finish the job but that the ceiling used to be disgusting and stained. The lady who lived here before us smoked for years and stained the ceilings -- yuck! Thankfully, I didn't smell one bit of cigarette smoke when we moved in and I am very sensitive to the smell. Maybe because the house had been empty for awhile but I'm just glad it doesn't smell and that we can paint over the nicotine stains! The white color looks much better!
I absolutely love cooking in my new kitchen. I love the space that I have and I am even more appreciative of it all after what I had to make do with before! Yipeee




3 comments:

S. and Company said...

Yay for kitchen remodeling!!! I love the counter tops and the floor! Great kid-friendly color choices! I'll store those ideas away in case we ever update the kitchen!
Hope you're all doing well!
I'm hoping I can make it to Fargo on Monday - it is supposed to be blizzard weather here till Sunday night, and then Monday is supposed to be bitterly cold. I've also been reminding myself that I need to be content with knowing God is in control and that he simply wants my heart and my obedience - (and also that I might not even see any fruit of my trip, but I need to be ok with that.)
I appreciate your advice and prayers on this issue so much! I'll let you know how it goes!
Love,
Natalie

LS said...

Wow! It looks soooo much better and so bright and light with the white paint now! Congrats! I bet you can't wait to get a dishwasher! Hurray!

Have you ever had problems with a vaporizer releasing cigarette smell in your house? Our house doesn't smell like smoke AT ALL but when we use the vaporizer it totally does. Just wondering since the former owner smoked.

Leah said...

Lesley, it looks so nice! It must be a great relief to have it done. I really like the counter tops!
We sure miss you all!
Love in Christ,
Leah