Yes, we are still around. To make a super long story short, after four months of being in the process of selling and having all our stuff packed up and ready to go, we made the decision about a week ago to take our house off the market. It must not be God's time for us to sell. Our buyer's had their financing fall through over and over (and over!) and it was getting really frustrating for us. We were always on the edge of our seats, packed up and ready to move, and then BAM, things would fall through again.
I can't even begin to tell you how many lessons God has taught me in all of this, but the main one that keeps coming to mind is the fact that I need to be content where I am at. We never really had to move, but for various reasons (getting Sam closer to work, paying off debt), we chose to give it a try. And things were looking really good from the beginning as we had an offer within two weeks of it being on the market. Little did we know, however, the rollercoaster ride ahead. I am so glad we got off the ride!
I am beginning to love our house even more now and find myself thanking God for things I used to take for granted. I have learned that the grass isn't always greener in a new house and that we are incredibly blessed to live where we do. All this time, we were searching like mad for the "perfect" house when I am starting to feel like we already live in it. :) And while I am thankful for what I have learned through all of this, I don't wish to go through it again anytime soon!
Now, we have put our time and resources towards a project that we will begin Tuesday: Give the girls a new room. Yup, Aubrie and Kayley have the last bedroom to get remodeled in our house and we've got all the supplies bought and Sam and I will start painting on his next day off - Tuesday. It's going to be so cute. I'll have to post some before and after pictures.
So, I feel at peace, I feel thankful, and I feel content to stay here. God is good all the time, even when we sometimes have to learn difficult lessons!
4 comments:
You've got a fine house; fine location; fine location; fine location. Yahoooooooooooooooo!
Glad to hear you can settle down again in your house! I can't imagine having to partially live out of boxes for that long!
Hanna
and on the plus side you got to sort out all your stuff!
I am glad that you know what's happening now and sorry you had to go through it but it sounds like you are better and not bitter because of this latest trial. Can't wait to see the bedroom. Let me know when you are free to talk again!
Post a Comment