Friday, January 15, 2010

Help for Haiti

Money Saving Mom has made a generous offer! If you blog about what you are going to do to help Haiti, you can link up to her blog and she will donate another $10 to Haiti relief. There are lots of people participating and we are excited to be a part of it!

What our family will do to help Haiti:

1.) Pray. All throughout the day, we will be praying for the people in Haiti.

2.) Donate to World Vision. We started sponsoring a child through World Vision several years ago and it is an organization we really believe in. They have information on their website for how to donate to the help for Haiti.

3.) Donate rewards points. When I was checking our bank account last night, I saw that if you donate your rewards points (points you accumulate over time by using your debit card), the bank (Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union) will double your points and donate the dollar amount to the Twin Cities Red Cross for Haiti relief work. I thought this was an awesome idea and donated all our points.

There are so many ways we can help and I am encouraged when I read about all the stories of people reaching out to the people in Haiti. They need our prayers and help very much and I encourage you to join in!

6 comments:

Kim said...

World Vision is a wonderful orgainization! We are donating to the Red Cross:

http://pugetsoundprudence.blogspot.com/2010/01/giving-back-challenge.html

Jen said...

Thank you for linking up - you're right, World Vision is a wonderful organization! We're donating to them, too!

Christian Frugal Mama said...

http://christianfrugalmama.blogspot.com/2010/01/giving-hope-to-haiti.html

I blogged and will give $0.25/comment or link!

Savings & Stewardship said...

We would love for you & your readers to link up/comment at Savings & Stewardship where we'll be donating $1 to World Vision for each entry!

Havoc on the Hardwood said...

Thanks for doing your part to help Haitian earthquake victims by taking time to link up with other blogs.

I'm giving $10 eCOUPONs to my online gift store Gifts For One Gifts For All (www.giftsforonegiftsforall.com) to those that have donated to organizations helping the Haitian earthquake victims. When the eCOUPON is redeemed, 10% of the purchase will also be donated to organizations helping Haiti. Read my blog for more details at http:/bit.ly/DONATE2HAITI on how you can receive your eCOUPON for donating.

For bloggers raising awareness or making donations for comments or links made and you want to thank those that have contributed to your blog, contact me at info@giftsforonegiftsforall.com to a eCOUPON you can give those that have help you give.

Don't forget to contact me to receive your eCOUPON for doing your part to help Haitian earthquake victims.

Anonymous said...

World Relief is another good organization to give to.
Rather unrelated to this but to do with the anniversary of the roe vs wade decision tomorrow-there was an interesting posting on the following blog today with a video on the life of a little boy who was not aborted.

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/

Hanna