I am tired today. And a little sad. I made it downtown this morning to sidewalk counsel at the abortion center with the small, but faithful group of pro-life people that are there every week. It seems strange now that I used to be down there every single week for almost a year when I was pregnant with Christian. Although I am updated each week through e-mail reports, it can be so easy to sort of mentally distance yourself from the reality of abortion when you aren't able to physically see it for yourself week after week, or day after day or whatever it may be. I wonder, "How many people in our city know what is happening? How many people care about the babies lost each week? How many people reach out to the mothers to offer them help and love them enough to tell them the truth?" The answer is obvious, but sad.
I haven't been able to go much since Christian was born, not only because life got extra crazy then but because Sam's schedule changed and I'd have to get a baby-sitter each time. But, now his schedule has changed again and so there will be days where I can hopefully start going again. I will be prayerfully considering this and see how the Lord leads.
The moms I saw going in today did not look happy about their decision. Some looked hard, some looked like they were trying to hide pain, and some just looked indifferent. I grieve for the babies they chose to "get rid" of. It is tragic.
There are people there every week, offering them help and resources and talking to them about the reality of what they are doing. And still they keep coming. So many women, so many mothers, so many children that don't get to see the light of day.
It is always great to hear the stories of the moms who change their minds, though and it encourages me to keep fighting. Each baby matters. Not one is forgotten and God sees and hears all.
I was not dressed warm enough this morning and so I froze! It is my own fault for misjuding the weather but next time I will be sure to be better prepared. By the time I got in my car to leave, my hips were aching and I could hardly walk. It'll probably take the rest of the day for me to warm up. But, that's okay.
Anyway, we're still playing the waiting game on our house and our family has all recovered from a horrible illness we all caught last week. Other than that, there isn't much else going on around here.
1 comment:
Oh Lesley, thank you for posting this. I haven't been on the internet so much these days and haven't kept up with everything. You all are always in our prayers.
We love you and I hope you warm up soon. :-)
Post a Comment