Aubrie is growing up before my very eyes. She definitely fulfills her role as the firstborn exceptionally well. She is always helping me with her brother and sister and does her best to keep them in line. :) In four weeks, she will turn six years old which is unbelievable to me.
Aubrie started kindergarten homeschooling the first week of September and after a few bumpy months of trying to get our groove, we are now sailing along and it is going amazingly well. She is doing awesome! It is so fun to work with her each day and see her soak up learning. I know I have to say this because she's my daughter, but this girl is smart! She often picks up a concept before I'm even done explaining it and she is always surprising me with how quickly she learns. She is now reading sentences easily and is getting much better at writing. She is also extra good at math.
Aubrie is extremely creative and definitely has an artistic flair. She is always drawing, coloring, and making art projects. I am presented with lovely cards every day and it is fun to see her her art become more skilled over time.
Aubrie appears to be picking up the musical gene that comes from both sides of her family too and loves to sing with her Daddy. She has amazingly good pitch for her age and also has a good ear. It will be fun to see where this takes her and if she'll be singing in choirs and playing instruments as she grows up like her mom and dad have done.
Aubrie also talks NON-STOP which can sometimes get her into trouble during school time. She can't seem to do anything without talking. She also talks all day long and fires questions at me in rapid succession. Sometimes, my poor brain can't keep up and I just throw my hands up and ask her to please give me a break from the questions for awhile. Ha! She has been verbal from the day she was born so I guess this shouldn't have surprised me.
Aubrie is turning into a lovely young lady and I couldn't be more proud of her. She certainly has a mind of her own and underneath her compassionate, eager-to-please personality lurks an iron strong will that we have to work very hard to bend in the direction of obedience and respectful behavior. Some days are easier than others!
I'm looking forward to continuing to watch my firstborn baby girl grow up, although in some ways I want to keep her little forever because the growing up is happening a little faster than I'd like. :)
1 comment:
Just think....a field trip to Oregon!!!!!
Post a Comment