Sunday, November 8, 2009

Packing

Do you like our new house???? Ha!!! Just kidding. This was a couple streets over from the house we are really buying. I thought it was so pretty so I took a picture.

Here's our future home.

Here is Sam feeding the geese near our future home.


The back yard which is fenced in.

The view from our future back yard. The property actually borders a large cemetery and the pond is part of the cemetery grounds. Thankfully, the tombstones are way off in the distance and can hardly be seen from our yard (not that it would matter -- my mom says they make good, quiet neighbors :)) and there is lots of wildlife around!

Another shot of the house. That's our van in the driveway.


Family room (in the summer, obviously. Some of these pictures were taken from the online listing when the owners still lived there)

Dining/living area
Kitchen (It looks more bare now because the house is currently vacant and they also took their fridge with them -- bummer! )


Packing. That's what we've been doing lately. I can't stand the process of moving but I am happy to report that this move feels easier, maybe because we love where we are moving to. Yup, we found a house! We are so thankful! It's so cute and I am itching to move in and start getting settled. Thankfully, we're only moving about 12 miles or so and we are trying to do a lot of stuff ahead of time so the moving day isn't so hectic.

God provided the perfect house for our family. It is really great. It was built in 1950 and has lots and lots of space and lots of closets. I love closets! It also has a cozy wood stove in the family room and a wood burning fireplace in the dining/living area. It sounds so dumb but one of the things I am most looking forward to is taking the lighted garland I bought last year during the after Christmas clearance sales and draping it over the fireplace mantle. I can't wait! :)

Our journey the past couple of months has taken way more twists and turns that I would have ever imagined possible but we are so thankful for how things are turning out in the end. We didn't get to move into the house we had hoped for (because it would have been rent/mortgage free) but God provided something else and it is all working out in the end. Sometimes our plans aren't always what God may have in mind and we are just glad we now have a place to live! The uncertainty was really starting to stress me out. Now, I better get back to packing! Thanks to my friends for all your encouragement during the past couple of crazy months!
(P.S. I have no idea why there is a huuuuge space at the bottom of this post and I don't have time to try and fix it. Ooops)






















































4 comments:

Mom said...

I can hardly wait till we can come visit your new place! I love that family room....I could "so live there!!!!"

Rachael said...

loving it Lesley! I am so pumped for you guys!

LS said...

That is absolutely beautiful! I wish we could find a house for that price here! I love it and I think you'll enjoy having the quiet cemetery bordering it. Just be VERY CAREFUL about Kayley and Christian with the pond. Make sure the fence is in top shape and they know not to go in the water. In fact, if I were you, I would throw each of them in the water one day when you are there to rescue them so they can understand the panic. Also give them swimming lessons. A gal in our Bible Study had a pond behind the house and her 4 year old son drowned in it even though she was walking with him to the pond (he ran ahead a little bit).

I love the windows and sunlight and the cozy family area and dining area. You'll have to show new pics when you have it all decorated up for Christmas! I'm rejoicing with you that you will have a warm home to live in this Christmas! And this Thanksgiving too! So much to be thankful for! You don't realize how much a home means until you don't have one (even in theory) for a while.

When do you officially move in?

Lesley said...

Mom -- you better come visit soon! We're ready for ya!

Rachael -- thanks!

Lindsey -- thanks, the big moving day is set for this Saturday. I'm praying that Sam has plenty of people to help him load and unload everything while I watch the kids at a friend's house.
And you're right about being super careful because of the pond. When we were first looking at the place, I was almost too nervous to live near a pond with little kids. But, the fence would be nearly impossible for them to get over and it would be very painful for them to try because the chain link is sharp and pokey all along the top.
Also, the pond should be frozen solid for most of the long winter here so I won't have to worry as much during those months! :)
And of course, we will watch our kids closely no matter what! Thanks for the warnings!

We are so thankful and one of these days you'll have to come for a visit -- you are always welcome! :)