Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Parade and a Night Away

Sam and Christian at the parade.



Kayley taking it all in.

Miss Aubrie having a good time.



Sam got three kids bundled up for a night on the town! I'm not sure why Kayley and Christian are crying, although I could probably think of several reasons if I took the time.


Feeling the love.

A couple of weekends ago, Sam was on his own with the three kids for an overnight. It was the first time he's done this and it made me realize that maybe I should leave more often! :) The kids had so much fun. Sam met up with some other parents and kids from church downtown for a Christmas parade. Thankfully, there were plenty of waiting arms to help hold Christian while Sam kept track of the girls. The next day, Daddy took them all to not one, but two playgrounds. They were in heaven!

The weather has been very mild here for November (YAY!) and so we are still seeing green grass and don't yet have snow. I absolutely love it. I would be happy if it was like this all winter long.

Oh, and I forgot to explain where I went while Sam had the kids. I was asked to come along on a retreat with a leadership team from the church I am a secretary for. I brought my lap top and recorded the meeting minutes for about five different meetings. We left Friday afternoon and got back Saturday afternoon. Not only did I get paid for 10 hours of work, I got to share a room with one of my best friend's mom and we got served delicious meals while we were there! It all took place at a beautiful Bible camp in a nice, woodsy setting on a lake. It was restful and I was so thankful that I got to go.

So, the kids had a great time, I had a great time, and Sam was Super Dad for a night!

No comments: